PDA

View Full Version : Please Confirm My Diagnosis: KA24de Leaking Water

Koukiii
09-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Hey Guys,

Got a 97 auto that just started leaking water. Comes out about a drop a second. Funny thing is it doesn't drip all the time. Just noticed it dripping on the floor while idling. Turned the car off and jacked it up no more drip. Turned the car on and it still won't drip. Turned on/off a couple times to try and get it to drip but nothing.

Then I took it around the block and it was dripping when I got back. All I could see was it dripping off the idler puller right next to the condenser on the driver side. From my online investigation I have come to the conclusion that my waterpump is dripping water from the weep hole on the bottom of the pump. That would explain why it doesn't drip all the time.

Car was not overheated and temps during the leaking were normal. Do you guys agree that it's most likely the water pump? The water pump is above the idler pulley that the water drips from. I read they start to drip water out of the weep hole when they are on their way out.

thanks

ZenkiKid
09-21-2015, 02:24 PM
That is correct.

if it starts to leak from said weep hole its an indicator that its time to replace it.

Do it.

Koukiii
09-22-2015, 09:45 AM
That is correct.

if it starts to leak from said weep hole its an indicator that its time to replace it.

Do it.

Thanks for the reply. Is this something I should just buy OEM at the dealership or are the online replacements good? Don't mind spending the money on OEM if I have to.

Thanks