PDA

View Full Version : different types of lifters on sr20

Options13
09-10-2015, 02:36 AM
figured it out thanks.. please close!!!!

TheRealSy90
09-10-2015, 09:09 AM
It's probably been changed out with a revised part number at one point. The latest model fwd sr20de roller rocker engines from the last usdm sr20 sentras had revised lifters with a smaller oil port. These lifters are actually an upgrade to det engines as they hold a more consistent pressure and behave like solid lifters at high rpm, while retaining the oem hydraulic lash. I'd advise to change them all out to the same style lifter, or go back to normal det lifters for the ones that are different.

Before anybody asks, the roller rockers do not work in non roller rocker heads, only the lifters from them are a drop in upgrade.

Options13
09-10-2015, 03:41 PM
only one of the lifters has the smaller oil port, i already ran the engine with this setup, i just noticed it now. Would it be bad to just run that lifter with the rest of the normal DE lifters?

http://www.frsport.com/Nissan-13234-53J01-Genuine-OEM-Hydraulic-Lifter-S13-S14-S15-SR20DET_p_8061.html

that looks like the same small oil port that one of my lifters has.

TheRealSy90
09-10-2015, 06:09 PM
I would assume you should be fine. I don't think it would affect anything during normal driving. Basically that one lifter and rocker would "out perform" the others at rev limiter lol.

Tom N
09-10-2015, 09:35 PM
I have a full set of lifters both ways. One set has a larger hole on top than the other and the set with the smaller hole on top has a larger hole in the middle then the set with the larger hole on top. I really don't think one works better then the other.