PDA

View Full Version : Help with clutch....

90victorhugo
09-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Hey everyone so i adjusted my clutch yesterday and now the clutch is loose i know for a fact made the adjustment correctly.. The car goes into gear fine once i press the pedal in but if i am at a stop amd just kick it in it get loose if i keep pressing it it it will go all the way down.. Then it will get stiff again.
I have no leaks and the fluid is at the max level. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jr_ss
09-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Check your fluid color. If it's dark, it needs to be flushed and rebled. If it changes color in a rather short time, you have a bad slave and/or master. Replace with OE units.

90victorhugo
09-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Check your fluid color. If it's dark, it needs to be flushed and rebled. If it changes color in a rather short time, you have a bad slave and/or master. Replace with OE units.

Thank u for replying but yes the fluid is super black il do that tonightband report back

It has a notchtop in it if i do need to replace slave/master is it the same as ka24?

zombiewolf513
09-02-2015, 11:55 PM
Did you bleed the system?

90victorhugo
09-03-2015, 12:58 AM
Ok heres an update.. So i flushed out the system and bled it the fluid is now really clear and i knownit doesnt have air in the system.. It still has the same symptons though

I started messing with the slave cylinder and i could with my hand push it in.. I even bled it like that.. Is this normal?? If not i think i found my solution.

GreinTime
09-03-2015, 01:51 AM
Ok heres an update.. So i flushed out the system and bled it the fluid is now really clear and i knownit doesnt have air in the system.. It still has the same symptons though

I started messing with the slave cylinder and i could with my hand push it in.. I even bled it like that.. Is this normal?? If not i think i found my solution.

I'm not sure how you could bleed it like that, as the fluid would be going the wrong way.

Here's a question for you though, do you still have the OEM clutch damper in it?

90victorhugo
09-03-2015, 07:25 AM
I'm not sure how you could bleed it like that, as the fluid would be going the wrong way.

Here's a question for you though, do you still have the OEM clutch damper in it?

I was able to push it in with minor pressure with the other hand i would open the bleeder screw and fluid would come out.

And i believe so yes

zombiewolf513
09-03-2015, 07:52 AM
I still think bleeding it properly is the source of your problem

90victorhugo
09-03-2015, 08:33 AM
I still think bleeding it properly is the source of your problem

I really dont think so i bled it really good and many times
The clutch still is hard but when i play with the pedal it gets softer and softer
I have to push the pedal fast to get some pressure if i do it slowly it sinks to the bottom

zombiewolf513
09-03-2015, 08:40 AM
I was able to push it in with minor pressure with the other hand i would open the bleeder screw and fluid would come out.

If this is the only way you've done it, you didn't do it right.

90victorhugo
09-03-2015, 08:47 AM
If this is the only way you've done it, you didn't do it right.

No i did it with the pedal to start with and when i was done it still had the same affects
The clutch was fine it was then ome day i adjusted the pedal with the rod and it started acting up

zombiewolf513
09-03-2015, 09:34 AM
You might have a leaking slave cylinder.

Kingtal0n
09-03-2015, 01:48 PM
The pedal needs a little free play at the top, maybe 1/2" max (or less). adjust your clutch pedal so that there is this tiny bit of free play at the top.

90victorhugo
09-03-2015, 02:44 PM
The pedal needs a little free play at the top, maybe 1/2" max (or less). adjust your clutch pedal so that there is this tiny bit of free play at the top.

I did adjust it but what its doing is if I light press it, it looses pressure and it sinks, I'm going to remove the dampener it still has it I just checked it out and read some things about it ill update asap

jr_ss
09-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Bypass/remove clutch damper and repeat bleeding process. I have a feeling your Master is shot though.

90victorhugo
09-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Bypass/remove clutch damper and repeat bleeding process. I have a feeling your Master is shot though.

Even if there is no leak?? Im removing damper tonight il update..

90victorhugo
09-04-2015, 01:29 AM
Update : so i removed the damper and its still the same thing.. I did notice the slave cylinder would go in slow just by me appying some pressure just like the pedal and when i tried to push in with alot of pressure it was hard..
Do you guys think its the s/c ?

jr_ss
09-04-2015, 04:06 AM
Yes, they can fail even if they don't leak. You can push fluid out of the slave back into the master as there is no check valve in the system. Replace your Master, hell if they are both as old as the car, replace both.

90victorhugo
09-04-2015, 10:00 PM
UPDATE: after removing damper. Installed new slave and master/c took like 15 min, bled it and bam. Back to normal. Thanks fellas!

Kingtal0n
09-04-2015, 10:13 PM
yep, gota love these cars. Nearly Anything can be fixed in one single day, even a completely blown drivetrain can be replaced quickly.

And for the little stuff like this, there is a well designed sequence and most of the bolts seem very accessible.

240s are great learning cars.

zombiewolf513
09-04-2015, 10:26 PM
240s are great learning cars.

+1

Thats all