PDA

View Full Version : Rb25 Power fc english manual?

mixeds14
09-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Anyone know if theres one floating around, the one i got with my fc is in japanese and i cant read it, been seaching the web but can seem to find one for the rb25.
Also contacted apexi but aint hear anything yet..

omgRWDgoodness!
09-01-2015, 03:16 PM
I dunno about an English manual, but paulr33.com has some great information on RB25 PowerFCs. Hope that helps

Kingtal0n
09-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Why do you need a manual? I can tell you anything about the computer, ask here

mixeds14
09-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Well i like to read the manual and learn how to tune with the fc/data logit just for the hell of it. Also seems like the tuners around my area (nc) are about 4-5 hours away and i dont have the spare money to spend on tuning,trip money or have to be of work to go do it and its just not duable atm..

Kingtal0n
09-03-2015, 08:57 PM
the data-logit is self explanatory. Once you learn how to tune one ecu (any computer, haltech, megasquirt, accel dfi, big stuff, aem, etc...) they are all the same. The applications are tuning theory, there is nothing specific about a PFC that makes it "special" except perhaps its cookie cutter design, which only reduces the complexity making it even easier to use (no injector timing maths for optimal valve event coverage to worry about)

If you are starting from scratch you should probably learn the injector maths, basics about fuel pressure and injector on-time. Learn what 1ms and 12ms means (.001 seconds and .012 seconds of injector on-time plus latency delay) there is alot of information on the web about how to determine what size injectors you need, and how much time you have to fire one at various rpm. Learn the maths that will tell you if your injector will support 377bhp with 88% duty cycle by 7400rpm for instance, and adjust fuel duty to see how injector size and fuel pressure correlate with fuel delivery. Some systems are sequential and some are batch, learn what the difference is and how to tell which one you have. Learn how the sr20det watches the CAS for window "queues" that tell it which cylinder is approaching, how many it takes to sync with the ecu (4 events) and why cold start enrichment exists (fuel vaporization theory and application, wall wetting)

Ideally you will tune the car on the street with your wideband (placed 3-4 feet from the turbo) on a MAF car (maf is best for beginners) THEN take it to the dyno to pull a tiny bit of fuel and add a degree of advance for your peak number to show off, one to five passes is optimal.

Do NOT let anyone make 10+ passes on your poor engine. A real tuner knows better.

TheRealSy90
09-04-2015, 01:12 AM
I watched some videos on YouTube about introduction to tuning AEM Series 2 ecu's. I think there's like 12 videos in all in the series. Ever since then i've been able to apply that knowledge to any ecu and tuning software i've come accross. It's funny how similar they all are.