PDA

View Full Version : Injector not firing?

Dolby109
08-29-2015, 03:21 PM
So I finally get everything I need for my new setup (550's, Z32, and a tune), I put it all together and the car runs like a champ...on a few very short pulls it was much faster than its ever been, and only running 10psi right now.

A few days later I go to start it, and it has some trouble starting, and then when its running it sounds like a Subaru.

I fiddle around and find when I unplug the #1 injector nothing changes.
I tested putting power to the injector and it drained the fuel system, yet eventually (after a spark plug change, and compression test) I switch the injectors to #2 and the problem migrates.

So it seems apparent that one of my brand new looking 550's isn't working. I just don't get why it worked for a day and then quit.

1) Is there anything I can do to fix this injector?
2) If not are there any injector shops that can fix/rebuild it?

codyace
08-29-2015, 07:49 PM
This may sound haphazzard but stick it in a vise and hit it quickly with power to cycle it...sometimes a couple quick on/off bursts can un stick a leaky injector

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Dolby109
08-30-2015, 11:11 AM
I put power to it with a 9V battery and my fuel pressure instantly dropped from 45 to 0, so it seems to be capable of firing, but when you start the car its not doing anything.

kruked
08-30-2015, 08:43 PM
Use a noid light on the pigtail.

Edit: check out Boost Lab from Tampa Florida