PDA

View Full Version : AEM Series 2 Rb25det

PovertyDrifter
08-17-2015, 09:38 AM
Ok guys I have an s13 with rb25 swap that runs on map

I thought I had what was a poor tune last year and finally decided to take it to a different tuner. The original tuner somehow was able to get the car to run with speed density off in AEM and no MAP sensor assigned. Throttle response was always poor during the year after the original "tune".

The only changes made to the car prior to the tune where the plugs. I went from copper HR 6 to platinum HR 7 after I arrived at my tuners shop. We fired the car prior to the tune to ensure installation was done correctly.

We linked the ECU to AEM tuner and noticed speed density was turned off with no map selected. so we selected the GM map sensor that is installed on the car. After doing so the car ran poorly like it was at the full boost of the 3 bar map sensor. The volts where showing 5.09 volts with just the key on as well as with the car running at various rpm's not under any load. So we reverted back to speed density off thinking the car would run like it did prior to changing the settings but it ran the same "like it was trying to run on full boost".

We did a volt check on the signal wire, a resistance check on the ground wire, and a volt check on the constant, and they all checked out fine.

Note there was no change in the 5.09 volts on AEM with the map connector disconnected. So we decided to try another map sensor but the same results where there.

I need to know if there is a setting that reverses polarity in AEM (like if the wires where connected backwards on a cooling fan) or If there's a way to tell if the ECU took a shit upon upload of the tune.

PovertyDrifter
08-18-2015, 10:25 AM
So Come to find out the original tuner set my car up to run off of TPS some how... The MAP sensor never worked and has ran for about a year that way. Seriously Pissed about that situation.

At any rate, we had to repin the engine harness to an open pin location for a map sensor on the AEM EMS. after doing so the car fired right up and idled. Now on to the tuning.

This ones over...