PDA

View Full Version : S13 SR20DET only getting spark in cylinder 1

89hatchman
08-10-2015, 11:09 PM
I'm running a blacktop SR with what I believe is the early model wiring harness, the ignition wires seem to line up in their correct pins. As well as a 61 ECU which I believe is from an auto redtop

Anyways, I'm getting spark in only cylinder 1. From what I've read my ignitor could be the culprit so I'll swap that out tomorrow and see what happens. But I've also heard that the 61 ecu is odd and could possibly be the cause. But I don't have a 62 or 63 laying around.

Should I shell out the money and buy one? Or are there a few things I should buy before?

I bought the engine harness and ecu from a guy with a spun bearing. He said he bought it from another guy who I assume ran the whole set up in an S13. So I assume everything should work together.

OnTheChip
08-11-2015, 07:52 AM
You definitely need a 62 (50Fnn). It has the 4 ignition outputs needed for COP.

cotbu
08-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Here's what you should do, find the j4 to 62 ecu pin out and verify your harness is pinned correctly for...well whatever ecu. Or you could just take the word from some guy. I'm saying the harness might be from a blacktop engine that was a type x. Get the ecu that matches the harness make everything else work with it! Or....

Sent from a Highly Tuned Note 4.5!!!

89hatchman
08-11-2015, 11:59 PM
ok so this is odd. I borrowed an E5 ECU from a buddy (which turned out to have an enthralpy daughter board on it if it matters) and it wouldn't prime the fuel pump but if I hardwired the pump to run, then the ECU would run the motor pretty well. As far as I could tell.

But, later in the day I borrowed a 63 ECU from another buddy and plugged it in and it primed the fuel pump no problem. It started up and idled at 900-1000 right off the bat with no coolant in the system. And it even showed my RPM's on my cluster. The E5 didn't do that.

cotbu
08-12-2015, 08:32 AM
XD!

Sent from a Highly Tuned Note 4.5!!!