PDA

View Full Version : Suggested machine shop for rb26dett (KY,TN,OH)

dcreech0
07-31-2015, 09:52 AM
Hello all. I am hoping you all could lead me in the right direction. I have an rb26dett that I am wanting to do a real basic tear down, clean, machine, and assemble. I have been given a couple really high quotes in my opinion, in the ballpark of $4000 for just labor and and machine work, not including parts. I have searched on multiple places. I would like some suggestions on shops close to me that have had experience with these motors.

zombiewolf513
07-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Im not sure if they do it any, but let me just warn you to stay away from zero lift.

dcreech0
07-31-2015, 10:26 AM
Im not sure if they do it any, but let me just warn you to stay away from zero lift.

I have also heard stone stories about Zerolift.

KAT-PWR
07-31-2015, 11:08 AM
Tear the motor down yourself?
That.s really not that absurd of a figure, you're asking someone to spend hours tearing down your motor, do all the machine work, fit the rings, follow every step of the assembly process and hand you back a new motor that if it fucks up you're going to give them hell about. It's a lot of specialty labor and liability.

spooled240
07-31-2015, 12:48 PM
It's on an inline 6, which means exactly 50% more work/cost than a 4 banger lol

PoorMans180SX
07-31-2015, 12:57 PM
Hello all. I am hoping you all could lead me in the right direction. I have an rb26dett that I am wanting to do a real basic tear down, clean, machine, and assemble. I have been given a couple really high quotes in my opinion, in the ballpark of $4000 for just labor and and machine work, not including parts. I have searched on multiple places. I would like some suggestions on shops close to me that have had experience with these motors.

I shot you a PM man. We specialize in building engines the right way. Let me know what exactly you're wanting done and I'll get you an estimate.

dcreech0
07-31-2015, 01:22 PM
I shot you a PM man. We specialize in building engines the right way. Let me know what exactly you're wanting done and I'll get you an estimate.

Pm responded to