PDA

View Full Version : weird noise from rear of car

aznpoopy
08-23-2004, 09:54 AM
sounds like ringing in your ears. i never noticed it until i moved the rear seats down so i believe its coming from the back. i don't know what it might be except the fuel pump. does anything else move back there while you are stopped and idleing? any ideas?

CHOUKI240
08-23-2004, 12:00 PM
what i've read is that if you get noise from the rear of the car, it could be the subframe bushings. they could be worn out. if it is the bushings, you'll of course get noise and the handling and body rigidity will not be as good. i don't know where a ringing nonise could come from.

aznpoopy
08-23-2004, 12:05 PM
what i've read is that if you get noise from the rear of the car, it could be the subframe bushings. they could be worn out. if it is the bushings, you'll of course get noise and the handling and body rigidity will not be as good. i don't know where a ringing nonise could come from.

i figured. never heard of anyone else having a problem like this. i can only hear it when im stopped... but its driving me insane. im going to buy a mech stethoscope and go all over the back looking for it. the thing that bugs me is nothing else even moves back there... there aren't any bearings or anything that turn when the car isn't moving, are there?

i wonder if its the speakers. anyone else got some ideas?

idlafie
08-23-2004, 06:50 PM
i figured. never heard of anyone else having a problem like this. i can only hear it when im stopped... but its driving me insane. im going to buy a mech stethoscope and go all over the back looking for it. the thing that bugs me is nothing else even moves back there... there aren't any bearings or anything that turn when the car isn't moving, are there?

i wonder if its the speakers. anyone else got some ideas?

Sounds like you figured it out...either fuel pump or speakers. You running an aftermarket stereo/amp system?? The only OTHER electrical items behind you are either air bag controller, (S14), and/or power antenna. And maybe if you have one, motor to the sunroof.
If you're running an aftermarket stereo/amp system, then try killing the power to the entire system - disconnect it from the battery. See if you can still hear the same noise. If the noise is gone, then check your system out.
Good luck!!!..
ID

s13silady
08-24-2004, 12:28 PM
my LSD also makes a high pitched humming noise... but you can barely hear it... louder that my open diff on my old car though.

S13Nissan240SX
08-25-2004, 11:15 AM
I don't know if this helps, but once my muffler came a little loose and would rattle against the under carrage when I was idleling or driving slow. May be something you might want to give a quick check.

Good luck,
Matt

aznpoopy
08-25-2004, 11:58 AM
I don't know if this helps, but once my muffler came a little loose and would rattle against the under carrage when I was idleling or driving slow. May be something you might want to give a quick check.

Good luck,
Matt

actually i have that noise too... but its a different noise... lol. damn 10 year old nissan.

thanks silady... i got a open diff though. plus i can hear it when im not moving so it cant be the differential.

thanks every1.