PDA

View Full Version : LS1 Coil Swaps into SR20

Options13
07-23-2015, 09:39 PM
This swap is absolutely killing me.. I can't seem to figure out the problem.

I converted over to LS coil packs and wired up everything accordingly and the car is running like complete ass and bearly idling. It's getting fuel, its getting pulse, its getting spark, and its getting compression.

I have my coils wired up, and i even checked continuity on the back of the ECU to make sure the ECU is sending signals to the right coil packs.

I removed the plugs and watched for spark, and it seemed very inconsistent, it even looked like they were all firing at once a few times.....

any ideas?

heres a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAkfAXJeyNs

jr_ss
07-24-2015, 05:02 AM
Have you adjusted dwell?

TheRealSy90
07-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Really shouldn't need to adjust it though? Seems like a wiring issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jr_ss
07-24-2015, 01:56 PM
If he is running a factory ECU, he may have issues with it. You did remove the factory ignitor right?

Options13
07-24-2015, 03:15 PM
the car ran prior to this swap, but i also upgraded a few things. ATI crank pulley, Top Feed Fuel Rail, ID1000's (had sti 550cc on it prior), and ls1 coil packs with ignitor delete. The car is on an apexi power fc.

i think I'm going to try and swapping these coil packs today for some truck ls coil packs with the heat sync. I'm hoping this was just a coil pack problem.

e1_griego
07-24-2015, 03:28 PM
Didn't adjust injector correction.

Smrt.

ultimateirving
07-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Definitely change the injector input settings. That's double the size. And make sure your firing order is correct.
And I am using coilpack a from a truck. So I don't know that the ls1 version is going to be the same.

Options13
07-24-2015, 05:25 PM
well the thing is, i wired the ignitor back in, and plugged the stock coil packs back in and the car runs and idles now... not very good, but it at least runs with the stock shit..

I went ahead and returned my ls coil packs and gonna try and get truck ls coil packs with the built in heat sync.. Hopefully i just had dead coil packs, i went over my wiring over and over and it was dead on. I had them going in firing pattern 1342, and it didn't even want to try and start.

jr_ss
07-24-2015, 06:21 PM
You need to change you injector size on the PFC like El griego suggested.