PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with battery to trunk

S13alldayyo
07-23-2015, 10:21 AM
What voltage are you guys getting at the battery? With no electrical loads? And with loads and ac ? I'm getting a shitty 13.6 with no loads and when I turn on my ac it drops to 12.7v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TougeSR20Kid
07-23-2015, 10:47 AM
im Running an optima and get a solid 14 volts all the time when its running. It might be crappy battery have you run any tests on it? Ed-18, hydrometer, etc? It could also be an alternator problem, have you run a charging system test? What amp alternator, what motor setup, what is it powering?
Most likely not a problem with battery relocation. If it was a long battery cable issue then BMWs, Audis, and Volvos would all have the same problem. The other possibility is that you could have corrosion in the wires or the gauge of the wire is too small

jr_ss
07-23-2015, 12:05 PM
I see high 13's and 14 all the time with my relocation. I plan on swapping to a Q45 alternator soon. It sounds like you have a weak and or dying alternator.

Kingtal0n
07-23-2015, 12:58 PM
Some cars with perfectly good alternators and batterys up front only show me 12.3v at the ecu, yet the battery still charges good and starts the car. It might be a "small battery" thing, I tend to notice cars using "thin" batterys have lower voltage readings. But there is no reason for that that I can think of right now, and it might be a coincidence.

burnsauto
07-23-2015, 06:29 PM
at my cig port I'm seeing 14.2ish, no AC. My setup consists of an optima yellow deep cycle battery with 0ga positive and ground cables.

are you experiencing any problems or is it just the numerical value that's bothering you?