PDA

View Full Version : Car starts then dies....HELP please

Confuzedd
07-15-2015, 06:14 AM
Hey everyone if you're reading thank you.
My motor is a SR20DE(NO TURBO) .

My problem is that my car starts up idles for about 2 seconds and dies unless I keep giving it gas.

I thought it was my alternator because 3 days prior my battery and e-brake light came on while so my father said its the battery or alternator. I had my alternator rebuilt professionally and battery charged up installed alternator correctly and no I have this problem

My motor has run for 3+ years and Ive never had any problems or this issue before. Now all of a sudden after two days of sitting and removing the alternator it gives me this problem.

My only other thought is to clean the throttle body. But Id like some input from you all before doing so because even before the "faulty" alternator was first removed it didn't give this problem.

Anything helps

cotbu
07-15-2015, 08:08 AM
Assuming you have power in the vehicle, pull codes. Then go from there or post the codes here. If there are no codes? Then we'll try to save you some money. Well some of us will. You could always do a tune up first, cause 3yrs is a long time for an oil change or spark plug change.;)

Sent from a Highly Tuned Note 4.5!!!

Confuzedd
07-15-2015, 05:11 PM
pull codes ?

cotbu
07-15-2015, 06:25 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif

Codes get stored in the ecu when there's a problem. Use Google or the forum to figure out how to pull codes. :tardrim: