PDA

View Full Version : Sr20 help!! won't run,sputter's then dies and won't start

Nazdog247
07-11-2015, 02:14 AM
I have a s14 sr20 black top recently just bought it and it didn't start. Bad ignitor chip seemed to be the problem and replaced that as long with brand new oem coil packs it started right up, got it running took it down the street and instantly reliazed I had maybe quater power when pinned? I don't have a boost gauge but I could hear it and hear the blow off valve, while car was pinned it was bogging thru every gear and every rpm. When I made it back to the house it was bogging really badly and wouldn't move (try letting the clutch out and it kept dying) car shut off and won't start just clicks. After about 5 minutes of messing with the engine it would start back up to only bog really bad and eventually die. The motor is all stock. If you can help me with any advice that'd be great thank you , I just want to get this thing running! Hahaha every 240 owners dream to get their car running ...lol but thanks in advance for any input

OnTheChip
07-11-2015, 07:02 AM
Could be a clogged fuel filter or weak fuel pump. Check fuel pressure.

Nazdog247
07-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Could be a clogged fuel filter or weak fuel pump. Check fuel pressure.

Okay, could a bad mass air flow and O2 sensor may do something like this??

ultimateirving
07-11-2015, 09:00 AM
If it gets worse as the engine warms up a faulty cts could be a culprit. But let's not just throw parts at it. Have you done a boost leak test ? What about checking the ECU for any fault codes.

Kingtal0n
07-11-2015, 01:45 PM
rule #1 is boost leak test first.

Every owner, every maf engine, every time. First thing we do.

blkvrtswp
07-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Full throttle on a new turbo swap with no boost gauge? :eek:

You do know that you can destroy a turbo engine in 60 seconds by overboosting, right?

Did you check / set your timing?

Nazdog247
07-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Full throttle on a new turbo swap with no boost gauge? :eek:

You do know that you can destroy a turbo engine in 60 seconds by overboosting, right?

Did you check / set your timing?

Ya no boost gauge, I'm Gona borrow one today from my buddy and see what it's boosting at. He checked my timing got it pretty good it might need to be adjusted a little more