PDA

View Full Version : 1990 240 wont idle

travissteuer
06-22-2015, 11:16 PM
for starters i have a ka24e still, just trying to get the car to run for now. i did an engine rebuild on it recently and forgot to set the ignition timing when i finally got it the timing seemed a little off but the car ran just fine. until i went to Tacoma for work and i decided to get gas right next to my hotel at a Shell station and i was putting in their v-power right around this time my idle started to get worse but some days it was fine and some days it ran like shit, on the days that my engine was running poorly it would also choke up while accelerating on the freeway and backfire often. After about a month of staying there i started my car to leave and go home, but the car wouldnt stay idling on its own so i checked all of my plugs and vacuum lines they all seemed to be fine so i just drove it home slowly but surly. when i got home i took a closer look and still couldnt find anything wrong. so i added some seafoam and drove it around for about 20 minutes kinda hard, on that drive my car died since i wasnt far enough on the gas and then the car wouldnt start back up. about five hours later i came back and it started right up but with the same issues. has a new maf, tried swapping the distributor and the TPS with other used spares bought new cap, rotor, spark plugs, and wires

the fuel pump does kinda whine when it primes i havent checked for codes yet, however i did just pull out the ECU to where i can see the lights on it.

i usualy like figuring this all out on my own but i need my car back and im kinda stumped because the things that are acting weird such as the fuel pump dont seem like things that would prevent the engine from starting at all at running temp