PDA

View Full Version : Rocketbunny install

wise3
06-22-2015, 09:00 PM
Just bought a S14 and am thinking of going Rocketbunny with it. Anyone ever install one? Any estimates on how much a shop would install it for? How difficult is it to do myself?

future
06-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Just get a couple bottles of super glue and JB weld

Detheroni
06-22-2015, 10:06 PM
Pop rivets, drill, painters tape and a pop rivet tool. Take ur time and line it uo. If youre doing flares then youll need more to cut the fenders

burnsauto
06-25-2015, 07:29 PM
pre-fit, pre-fit, pre-fit. Be prepared to have these things on and off tons of times. Take your time, made adjustments to the parts to if need be, you only get one shot at it, so make sure you get it right. Just be sure this is what you want, its hard to go back after something like this is done.

Any decent shop worth its weight will either

A) not do it because they've been around long enough to know that they don't want to get involved in a job like that (most have had encounters with "body kits" before, and don't want to do it again. Rocket Bunny means little to them. Most shops just see it as aftermarket stuff that fits like junk.

B) do it, but charge you an arm and a leg for it.

I worked at a shop that was next to the Monticello Motor Club (4.5 mile private road coarse for millionaires). We would do race cars ever now and then, one day a Evo 8 Track car came in, AMS built engine, 8 pt. cage, ARP widebody, the works. Now I saw it as special, while my boss - a bodyman of 40+ years, saw it as junk...just another car to get out as soon as possible, and since he saw track cars as the sluts of the car world, I was supposed to rush through the job and push it out the door (I didn't do that, and the customer was very happy with the results). I'm telling you this because if you plan on bringing your car to a shop, this is the attitude you'll find more than not. Don't be discouraged, you may come across someone who has the same vision as you. Good Luck :)