PDA

View Full Version : overheating issues

solo_ryder
06-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Freshly installed SR, first start up the car starting overheating slightly while it ran. I let it cool down abit and started it back up and added more coolant to the system and opened the bleeder screw up. Noticed the heater hoses were not hot at all so I turned the heater on full hot and built a funnel that seals on the rad to get the coolant level higher then the heater hoses.

Car still overheats, if I rev it up to like 2-3k it heats up even faster. I check the bleeder screw it seems nothing but liquid is coming out.. What is going on???

New nissan tstat
New nissan waterpump
New koyo rad
New coolant hoses

I did notice when I got the motor that no tstat was present?? Coolant that came outa the motor was clean and green.

kruked
06-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Truth be told, you still have air in the system.

solo_ryder
06-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Did a compression test, it was good.

It seems the issue is related to something else. Did abit more research and found that a s13sr has a different temp sensor switch for the cluster reading then the s14 so the tempature is correct but is reading twice as high on the cluster. I need to get a s14 KA or s14 sr sensor and try that. Will repost if it works.

cotbu
06-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Did a compression test, it was good.

It seems the issue is related to something else. Did abit more research and found that a s13sr has a different temp sensor switch for the cluster reading then the s14 so the tempature is correct but is reading twice as high on the cluster. I need to get a s14 KA or s14 sr sensor and try that. Will repost if it works.

That's pretty common, just search for issues you might be having. Most all issue every related to 240, sr, rb, etc have been had and have had answers to. If not at least you have a source for pinpointing.

I would have asked you to verify actual engine temp, through consult or aftermarket gauge, because you didn't specify this was an s13 sr into an s14 chassis. I don't know if you faced the speed problem either, but its common as well.

Sent from a Highly Tuned Note 4.5!!!

solo_ryder
06-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Yes I put a oem ka aftermarket napa sensor in and it seems to be reading well now.

As for the speedo I swapped over the ka speed sensor so that should be OK

niumanerq
06-24-2015, 06:13 AM
Yes I put a oem ka aftermarket napa sensor in and it seems to be reading well now.http://goo.gl/NQIZBB