PDA

View Full Version : Simple KA24DE Wiring Question

entix
08-18-2004, 01:54 PM
hello,

im getting real close to getting my ka24de powered 510 running, but im unsure how to get power to the engine wiring harness. its the only ka24 harness im using, so i cant just connect it to the fuse box. which wire(s) do i need to send power to on the harness, and how much power? should i run it through a fuse? this is for a 97/98 harness/computer.

also, can anyone take a pic of their alternator connections, or explain which wires go where on it, im a little stuck there too.

the car as it sits now (http://www.damnwerule.com/510/wheelson.jpg)

thanks for any help
-mike

projectRDM
08-18-2004, 02:16 PM
The large black/red in F3 needs ignition, the black/white is constant. Go over to FA and hit the archives, I did a real nice pinout of the F3 plug.

The 2pin alternator plug has white/red going to the cluster from charge indication, and yellow is powered through igntion.

entix
08-19-2004, 02:23 AM
what about the other two wires going to the alternator. the ground and the battery wire? is the large bolt on the outside of the alternator (not on the back) used?

thanks

projectRDM
08-19-2004, 08:23 AM
The insulated bolt goes to the battery, correct. Then you can run a ground wire off any of the bolt holes on the back of the case.

entix
08-20-2004, 02:11 AM
its a 97/98 harness, so is there a change the wire colors are diff? i just did a quick check and the only wire thats larger than any of the others, is white/red colored. is it the in the corner of the connector on all years? i could just yank the tape off and check where it goes to.

i cant find the pinout on fa.