PDA

View Full Version : Any xtrail engines converted to RWD?

IKnowAllOfNothing
06-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I can't find to many post specifically for the X-Trail SR20VET engine. Does it bolted to a rwd transmission? I've heard it is possible. Is this true? Does anyone have anyone pictures of this swap done? Even better, does anyone have a dyno graph of one swapped to rwd?

My thinking is the X-Trail are relatively new, low miles and should be the least beat up since they were not in a car like a silvia (rwd).

The goal would be a nice reliable engine making 300whp without stressing the engine out and not needing tons of bolt on's/cams. The s13-14 engines are getting older now, and all came from a car that might have been beat up more than a Xtrail.

I've seen clean Xtrail engines for $2000.00 on ebay. This is around the same price as a red or black top. The added bonus is I have a redtop transmission sitting in my garage now.

Thoughts? Is my logic sound?
Thanks for reading.

G-E@Z31P
06-15-2015, 12:30 AM
The QR engines need just as much work as any other to handle boost, and are available in other models like Altima etc...

Unless you mean the jdm SR20VET, then you'd be looking at similar results to the G20's head on a blacktop...

Nothing magical if that's what you were hoping for?

IKnowAllOfNothing
06-15-2015, 07:52 PM
I mean the SR20VET engine from the X-Trail. I should have been more specific.

I was hoping to leave the engine as stock as possible in the hopes to have a more reliable engine making 300whp without stressing the engine out.

I was thinking a tune, full turbo back exhaust, and fmic and be done with it.

For the pecking order of SR20DET engines in stock form. (correct me if you disagree)
S13<S14<S15< X-Trail (SR20VET) < SR20DET with VE Head.

So I'm thinking of starting with the X-Trail engine the second best SR engine to start with. Agree, disagree?

jr_ss
06-15-2015, 08:03 PM
You're best bet is to head swap to a RWD bottom end. The factory VET isn't all that special. Lack of VVL on the exhaust cam hurts overall performance capability. Still a very potent engine when done right.