PDA

View Full Version : ecu led stays on!!!

MaverickK
06-11-2015, 12:41 AM
So I'm having an issue and its starting to be a pain in the arse. When I'm done with my daily shinanigans and I go turn off the car everything turns off except for the red led on the ecu. All other lights including the mil light are off.The thing is it really drains the battery in the most Inconvenient times and it tiring. I've read the fsm and cut the cable.for he back up energy source to the ecu and no dice. One thing that helps and causea it to turn off is if I.remove the continuity fuse or the eccs relay. I'm kind of frustrated and can use some help. Thanks

coupesallday!
06-11-2015, 12:49 AM
Have you tried google? It's really informational and could possibly find the answer you seek. Here's the site--> Google.com you're welcome :)

MaverickK
06-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Wow...thanks I've never heard of that site. Thank you very much. The wiring in.this car is beyond a mess and I've gone through the fsm and I have researched it and the re researched it and most of he solutions that they have failed in my particular case. Is there a cable on the ecu I can splice and cut off power to the ecu?. I already tried it with pin 36 and 48 which I believe are he black and white cables but I don't have the fsm right in front of me.

zurud
06-13-2015, 10:12 PM
check your wiring again. Pin 36 is ignition switched( black and red). Pin 48 is ground. Send your car to autoshop.

ranmoporb
06-14-2015, 06:02 AM
Pin 36 is ignition switched( black and red). Pin 48 is ground. Send your car to autoshop.http://goo.gl/NQIZBB

MaverickK
06-15-2015, 01:27 AM
i didn't have the fsm in front of me so the numbers i mentioned were just off the top of my head. thanks though. the wires i was messing with were 46 47 and 38. i got the car with a hack wiring job and trying to fix it in desert weather with no shade or ac kind of sucks. wiring specialties came to the rescue with new harnesses so thanks to them. a lot of negativity and bashing on this site and the site isn't what it used to be. peace and love people.