PDA

View Full Version : Need A/C help

ibanezxguy
08-17-2004, 10:23 PM
I just had my Sr put in by a local shop, they said they would get my A/C to work but didnt and now wont. I've been searching for 3 days now on how to get it to work but cant really find any clear or clean answers. I have an S13 red top in a 95 S14. I looked at the compressor to see if it lined up, it doesnt the belt hangs off slightly not really sure if it matters. All i know is they never broke the seal on my A/C system and just bolted it back up. I'm not really sure where to start on getting it to work i just want it to work and work right. I no longer have an electric fan for my A/C either. Thanks for any help and if anybody lives around Augusta,GA and can help let me know.

RiftWeaver
08-18-2004, 07:39 AM
well, first off, the belt needs to line up straight. This will not keep it from attempting to operate but you will toss belts ata VERY abnormal pace if you don't get the alignment right. As far as it not working......The system has to have refrigerant pressure inside of it. You said they didn't "open" the system so lets hope that's ok. If the system has pressure, then it's off to electrical. I would start by checking all of the connectors and making sure there is nothing broken or left off. If that all looks good, the best suggestion is a manual with a wiring diagram. There are usually a couple of pressure switches and other things that you will have to trace the wiring through.

sr240mike
08-18-2004, 10:26 AM
Was the quote in writing for the install. If it says on paper that they would install it hold them to it.

ibanezxguy
08-18-2004, 08:46 PM
no it was just verbal, along with z32 fuel filter and fuel pumps