PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the hood strut plans from 'Marty' at import garage?

alkemyst
08-17-2004, 09:13 PM
These are no longer made...they were hydraulic struts for the S14 (maybe S13 too)...I had a guy that was going to send them but this has gone on weeks and weeks with just 'I will send them soon'.

If anyone has the plans or the details I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

projectRDM
08-18-2004, 08:47 AM
I bought a set from him at NOPI like 7 years ago, very cool guy. What I did was drill and mount the bottom ball socket right where the middle bolt is on the upper ledge, then locate the other end on the hood when it's fully open. The instructions were good but I found that to work better, still a lot of work to get the lower mount on.

I sold them when I went CF hood about 3 years ago.

alkemyst
08-18-2004, 09:22 AM
How well did they work?

projectRDM
08-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Awesome. I loved showing them off. They did make the edge of the hood sit maybe ~1/8 inch higher, nothing to notice unless you're like me, but otherwise fit and worked perfect.

alkemyst
08-18-2004, 05:44 PM
The hood raising thing was the same on the GTI's too...you could dial it out with aggressive hood latch adjusting (which then added to having to shut the hood twice many times).

Anyone know marty's contact info now? I didn't call but was told he was no longer with import garage.