PDA

View Full Version : do-luck stabilizers / immobilizers

ntcp8
05-31-2015, 06:38 PM
im looking for the two pieces that hold the do-luck rxb to the transmission tunnel... let me know if you have a set or if anyone has fabricated some. thanks

az_240
06-01-2015, 11:14 AM
I gave the dimensions to Jonnie Fraz a while back... Not sure if he ever went through with making them or not but might be worth a shot.

hionpsi
06-01-2015, 11:59 AM
I would interested if some one made them custom

ntcp8
06-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Yea id buy a set for sure... who is jonnie fraz and where can I find him to find out if he ever made some?

ntcp8
06-21-2015, 09:00 AM
so I sent a message to johnny fraz on his website weeks ago and still no reply so im considering talking to a machinist friend of mine to see what kind of cost would be involved in making a set (or a few dozen if cost effectiveness is a key factor).

dudermagee
06-21-2015, 11:03 AM
You could sell a shit ton if the price is right.

ntcp8
06-21-2015, 12:07 PM
I just made a discovery after a few hours of research and I think I might of found a solution to our problem so let me know what you guys think. I found something that already exists that could be used instead of having something fabricated or instead of searching for decades for the elusive authentic do-luck part. It is called a " linear shaft support with removable top" and a few companies carry them... some don't have the removable top and some even have hinged tops that swing open. Now, these come in different diameter sizes, in different height mounting sizes and in different materials (alum, stainless, etc.). I will inquire more with my actual setup but if you have a RXB brace, all you need is the diameter size of the brace and the height it sits above your trans tunnel and voila! I hope this helps some of you and I will let you all know how it fits once I order one and install it... I will not give company names due to obvious reasons but you can do a little more research and easily find out the rest!

ntcp8
06-21-2015, 12:09 PM
oh and you are all welcome... lol.

cured13
06-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Thanks, I newer knew how these are called.

I will not give company names due to obvious reasons ...

What is the reason?