PDA

View Full Version : intercooler piping?

nd240sx3
08-16-2004, 03:20 PM
ok well i was told ii could get intercooler pipeing at homedepot but i couldnt find anything anyone got any ideas also how do u get pipeing and those rubber clamp things for the turbo outlet its like 2 inches maybe less i wanted to run 3inches or more for all the pipeing i guess its a matter of gettin the size pipeing that it is then gradually get bigger with attachments right? also my turbo intake is 4inches and if i cant get three inch tubing for intercool pipes how the hell am i gonna get 4 inch and what the hell am i goin to do with the mafs. completely lost someone please try and help thanx

sr240mike
08-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Buy an intercooler piping kit. Or, A muffler shop with a mandrel bender is your second best choice. Its getting hot, flames are coming.

8_6_Fo_Life
08-16-2004, 09:29 PM
Lemme get this straight. Your turbo's compressor inlet is 4", and its outlet is 2". With that said you plan on using 3" tubing for your intercooler kit.

My questions to you...

What size is your intercooler inlet/outlet? What size is your throttle body? Air is only going to flow as well as its most restricted part, so there is no true reason to oversize your intercooler piping in my mind unless you want to drop some overall manifold pressure, and I dont see a purpose in that.

I'd match it to your IC inlet/outlet and call it a day. Any respectable muffler shop should be able to make your piping w/ mandrel bends if you can tell them when and where to bend it. If they gotta do the leg work for you, expect a larger then normal bill.

Good luck.

SirWarrior
08-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Ebay pwnz!!!
there is another seller that sells 4' sections of the same
just look around for it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=7916695629

GonadSX
08-17-2004, 08:32 AM
Do yourself a favour and buy quality couplings/hoses. The last thing you want is your hoses
cracking/busting/leaking or your couplings breaking or some sh*t.

If you are dumping lots of money into your project, consider Samco. Or another reputable brand.