PDA

View Full Version : WTB 4 inch exhaust for S14 or R33

JSimpson
05-28-2015, 12:06 AM
Like the title states, I'm looking for a 4 inch exhaust that fits an S14. If anyone knows of someone who would be willing to make one, please pass their info on here. R33 skyline exhaust kind of works on an S14 if its modded slightly in the middle so that would work as well.

Thanks guys!

5280VertDET
05-28-2015, 09:34 AM
I am curious why you don't have a shop just make one? The S14 exhaust routing is about as simple as it gets and should be cheap. Plus, there are not a ton of 4in prefabbed exhausts out there.

GL though.

JSimpson
05-28-2015, 10:13 AM
I am curious why you don't have a shop just make one? The S14 exhaust routing is about as simple as it gets and should be cheap. Plus, there are not a ton of 4in prefabbed exhausts out there.

GL though.

Because every fabricator i've spoken to is quoting me at "well over $2,000 if i bring the muffler". I'll spend $3k on a partially Ti exhaust, but no way in hell am i dropping $3k on a 304 stainless exhaust. Thus, i'm on here looking for someone who has/had one on a drag car they are parting out or maybe know of a prefabbed over-the-pond special for an R33. Thanks though!

AWD260R
05-29-2015, 10:11 AM
I'm going 4" on my S14 too, I just hope there's enough clearance for us.

JSimpson
05-29-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm going 4" on my S14 too, I just hope there's enough clearance for us.

The old mazworx drag s14 had a full 4 inch back in the day when it was SR20 so we should be in good shape.

jr_ss
05-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Why not just buy the tubing and make it yourself? You can buy multiple bends and cut as needed to make what you want. Just need a buddy with a lift and a mig welder.

AWD260R
05-29-2015, 10:57 AM
The old mazworx drag s14 had a full 4 inch back in the day when it was SR20 so we should be in good shape.

good deal, I'm making my own when I get time been trying to find the best place to get the SS ubends looks like acestainless might be the place to order them from

JSimpson
05-29-2015, 12:54 PM
Why not just buy the tubing and make it yourself? You can buy multiple bends and cut as needed to make what you want. Just need a buddy with a lift and a mig welder.

I have both of those but I was wanting something nicer for this particular car. The ol' JDM $800 cat-backs are a pretty darn good deal for the money, damn shame they don't make anything available for the S chassis guys who are making some power.

5280VertDET
05-29-2015, 01:26 PM
Dude, it's a metal pipe that expels exhaust gas. Get one made a a diesel truck shop (they will have 4" pipe) and a fancy JDM muffler and call it a day. Who spends more than $500 on an exhaust?

JSimpson
05-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Dude, it's a metal pipe that expels exhaust gas. Get one made a a diesel truck shop (they will have 4" pipe) and a fancy JDM muffler and call it a day. Who spends more than $500 on an exhaust?

A. Drag car so weight matters
B. Tractor hardware doesn't belong on cars
C. They use junk tubing and even worse welds that break
D. They crush bend the pipes so bad it wouldn't flow more than a 3"

However, if I was building a drift car a junk exhaust would be more than ample