PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Strut Bars Vs. Name brand (custco, Tananbe...ect..)

BSeay
08-15-2004, 11:20 AM
I was just on ebay and i see they where selling upper front and rear strut bars for basically nothing.. I was wondering about the quality of these bars? i mean is there a significant difference in the ebay and custco, tananbe, Jic ect.

Thanks-
Brian

twitchy
08-15-2004, 01:30 PM
imho, you cant say one company builds a steel rod with holes in it better than someone else builds a steel rod with holes in it

thats just me

i will never spend $150+ on a "brand name" unit when I can get one thats probably "just as good" for a tenth of the price

Jeff240sx
08-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Only issues that can happen:
1) They were dumb and the holes don't line up. Well... you can drill them out. But that's really shoddy construction.
or
2) The welds on the end can break (if it's 1-piece). Then, you simply re-weld it.
A steel rod is a steel rod though.
-Jeff

nightwalker
08-15-2004, 02:52 PM
unless it's a JDM steel rod. The metal in Japan is better than the metal here. The JDM bars also are engineered and tested to hold a certain stress load. While the american ones are just made in someone's backyard.

OK! I'm makin shit up now! hahaha!

BSeay
08-15-2004, 03:31 PM
well i was trying to make sure about the quality because i dont mind spending a little more money if they are of better quality, but if they are about the same as the others then shit i'll get the cheaper ones and spend the money elsewhere...

outlandishhyperhotdog
08-15-2004, 03:46 PM
diffrence price mostly. Some are stiffer or made out of exotic materials but for the most part the low dollar ones are the same. I say go ebay . unless you want a carbon one or some show quality BS item.

mjjstang
08-15-2004, 05:22 PM
I think the ebay ones are a little shabby but I just purchased a set for 135, That i shoudl be getting soon, from a group buy, but yah I think the ebay ones suck a lil more than the name brand ones, I think there is like 3 kinds, good name brand ones for high money, Then there is similar quality off brand ones for like half that price, then there is the ebay ones that are worse. Im just goin by what people have told me about the ebay ones.

lv-180sx
08-15-2004, 06:16 PM
as long as the strut bar holds, it will work! btw, they arent steel rods, they are aluminum :ghey:

Var
08-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Cp Racing!

Ghettokracker71
08-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Why not get a brand name,but a crappy one. Like OBX or Megan should be better then no name whatsoever,right? I could be wrong. I just like the Megan ones:)

BSeay
08-15-2004, 08:52 PM
yea you're right...i suppose you get what you pay for...

i mean it doesnt bother me to spend the money if they are going to hold up for the long run..