PDA

View Full Version : Car problem 240sx sr20 redtop

Rocketbunny240sx
05-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Hey guys i have an sr20 redtop running at 19.7 boost on a gt2801r turbo. I have 700cc injectors and basically the whole engine is aftermarket except for the pistons. The problem is my car is running a very weird way. So what happens is when im driving on second or third if i let off the gas my car will become len. Some times its too much air. Now when i try to stop hard for example if i car cuts me off and i have to stop quick my car stalls, but when it stalls it becomes rich. Any ideas?

Dboyizmlg
05-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Hey guys i have an sr20 redtop running at 19.7 boost on a gt2801r turbo. I have 700cc injectors and basically the whole engine is aftermarket except for the pistons. The problem is my car is running a very weird way. So what happens is when im driving on second or third if i let off the gas my car will become len. Some times its too much air. Now when i try to stop hard for example if i car cuts me off and i have to stop quick my car stalls, but when it stalls it becomes rich. Any ideas?

Oh man, it's hard to understand your paragraph.

It sounds normal to me, how old are you, btw?

Rocketbunny240sx
05-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Im 17. Just joined the group and i am pretty lucky to get something like this

Rocketbunny240sx
05-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Also it stalls when i stop quickly so like if i go from gear 3 to 2 and striaght to neutral to quickly the car stalls and becomes rich

cotbu
05-12-2015, 09:31 AM
What you are describing is normal, but stalling during this is not, but it's common. OK around 1500/1800rpm fuel is reinjected while in neutral. So coming down out of gear from say 3500rpm while in neutral, you should be lean until about 1800/1500rpm if you happen to stall out it will go rich. So if timing and everything else is correct, I would suspect a slow, faulty, dirty or out of sync iacv. The best way to start this test is, put the car in timing mode, check timing set the base idle, then make sure you can adjust the iacv slightly higher than the base idle, this indicates there is adjustment available for the ecu.
So after timing and base idle is set and you are ready to drive, raise the idle 300 or 500rpm higher. Don't worry about idle being high it will get adjusted by the ecu if everything is functioning correctly. Probably about 50miles. Make sure you do the tests that cause you to stall during this relearning process or its pointless.

This all assumes that the tune is correct and no other problems exist.

Sent from my Highly Tuned Note 4.5!!!

Dboyizmlg
05-12-2015, 12:39 PM
What he said ^

Also, are you running blow off valve open athmesphere, or you have it recuirculated?

Crazyced
05-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Also, are you running blow off valve open athmesphere, or you have it recuirculated?This. BOVs don't play nice with MAF cars.

TheRealSy90
05-12-2015, 01:20 PM
Guarantee the bov is vented to atmosphere and the ecu is not tuned to compensate for it.

Rocketbunny240sx
05-19-2015, 01:19 AM
Yeah i have a greddy rs type bov it isnt super tight but the tune that i got came that way. Must have been some wacky tuners -.-"

cotbu
05-20-2015, 12:45 PM
Just finished a car with the same exact symptoms, it was pulling correct vacuum so I told him he had a boost leak. Aka go do a boost leak and fix your problem. He instead said he's pulling 20in vac so its not a boost leak. So I raised his idle 300rpm and vac stays the same. Revved the engine to 5000rpm once. It came down and stalled. Found boost leak reset timing and revved it again, no stalling. $100 charge waived the $35

Sent from a Highly Boosted Note 4!!!

Rocketbunny240sx
05-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Yeah i already did a vaccum test and boost leak test no problems it was fine and i can rev it and it will still be fine i will go to 1500 then to 1100 cuz i set it there for a stable idle and things fine its just when i do pulls and stuff.