PDA

View Full Version : ECU CODE 35 what to do...

psychedelicbeats
08-13-2004, 05:28 PM
ECU CODE 35.. what to do....? egr temp sensor... do i have to get the sensor from nissan, or is there an oem replacement for exhaust sensor (or get both, one on the header, and one after the cat i think)

96 240sx se

orion::S14
08-13-2004, 05:45 PM
First reset it and see if it comes back on...that's one of the few codes that will pop up randomly, then not come back for a year once it's reset.

I thas nothing to do with tuning, power, performance, gas mileage, whatever...only a diagnostic code to tell you the EGR temp sensor did not pick up hotter intake air when the EGR was supoosed to be open.

If it comes back on, then get a new sensor (it's a PITA, as it's located on the lower intake manifold, and had to unscrew)...or just ignore the CEL.

- Brian

psychedelicbeats
08-13-2004, 06:00 PM
doesn't ecu code 35 pertain to the exhaust side of the engine as well ? running fuel differently makes exhaust temp go up n all... i'm getting problems with smog cert. hopefully the fail pass isn't because of code 35 cause i cleared it before i went to smog and it doesn't pop up for now...

idlafie
08-16-2004, 02:44 AM
doesn't ecu code 35 pertain to the exhaust side of the engine as well ? running fuel differently makes exhaust temp go up n all... i'm getting problems with smog cert. hopefully the fail pass isn't because of code 35 cause i cleared it before i went to smog and it doesn't pop up for now...

You check the vacuum lines running to the EGR system? It's possible one could have cracked or melted due to excessive under-the-hood temperatures. If there are no cracked, melted or broken vacuum lines, then check to see if the EGR is getting sufficient vacuum from the secondary EGRC-BPT valve. Rev your engine while you place your fingertips on the underneath bottom portion of the EGR valve. You should feel the diaphragm on the bottom of the EGR rise & fall as you goose the throttle.
When was the last time you cleaned out your throttle body? Ever pour any fuel injector cleaner in your fuel tank when you filled your car up with gas?? You could also have some carbon buildup in the EGR system along with the throttle body. Take a can of carburator cleaner & spray it into the throttle body along with your EGR. Hopefully, the carb cleaner will remove some of that carbon buildup & clear up your DTC reading.
Anyhow, good luck...you're gonna need it...
ID
95 Se