PDA

View Full Version : RB25det built short block W/Stock head

PovertyDrifter
05-05-2015, 05:02 PM
I am in search of info on running a built bottom end on a stock head. I have not been able to come across any forum post about how much boost the head can handle, horse power numbers, or if any one has attempted to do this. If I do run the stock head can I get away with more than the 20lbs I am currently at on my completely stock long block. I am not looking for a 1 or 2 season build. Looking for reliability. If I need to just run the boost I am at now until I can afford to build the head then that's what I will do. Just looking for some professional input. Below is what I have, or want to get, some not installed yet

CP 9:0.1 Pistons
Manley I beams
ACL bearings
ARP Head and Man studs
stock crank with extended collar
Greddy intake
Map Sensor
Top mount manifold
Precision 6266
DW 740cc injectors
AEM 2

Sforteen
05-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Stock head isn't really limited to a boost level or power level to a certain point.

As long as you stay around the factory rev limit you will be fine, i ran about 20-22lbs of boost with a completely stock head and revved to 8k RPM without issues.

The biggest issue you could ever really encounter is valve float.. But that wont be an issue at 20lbs.

Prok0
05-06-2015, 09:44 AM
We ran a built bottom end RB25 with stock head/cams, just an aftermarket intake manifold. Bottom end was CP/Manley/ACL

We used a GTX3071R and a DOC Race manifold and made 509rwhp at 22psi on race gas. On normal pump gas you would probably drop 40 rwhp as you could not be as aggressive with timing and boost.

If you have any questions on specific setup or anything just give us a call

PovertyDrifter
05-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it.

I will end up doing the head at the same time... I want more power and I'm not sure I can get it if I run a factory head... Actually I'm positive I cant.

Enjuku I have been pricing raw brokerage and when I'm ready I will give you a ring as well. Hopefully you can come in under there pricing;-)