PDA

View Full Version : Help! Z31 with no spark.

77X
04-23-2015, 08:22 AM
I couldn't find any specific answers to my problem, so I figured I would ask here. I bought a 1986 300zx turbo, it had no key so I drilled out the holes holding the lock cylinder to get steering unlocked. I then removed the switch behind the lock cylinder so I can turn the car over with a screw driver, I also wired together the red wire going to the lock cylinder (when it connects together a bell dings like the key is the ignition). The car turns over but it has no power to the coil when the switch is in the on position, or turning the car over. Did I trip some security device? A fuse? Does the car need to sense fuel pressure to spark?(tank and pump is removed) , any advice? Thank you.

77X
04-24-2015, 01:11 PM
I am certain the key and ignition switch is working. I am getting no power to the coil, the ignition control module (which was also broken), when the key was turned on. All the fusible links are fine, but the eng control fuse keeps blowing, I suspect there is a short in the harness since it was basically hacked up all over the place. :picardfp: Would a short effecting that fuse cause no power to the coil? Could I cut out the harness for that stuff and fab in my own with push buttons and switches with no issues? Please help me.

dizzariot
04-24-2015, 02:00 PM
No spark? Well I know Optimus Prime carries the AllSpark...but I don't know where to get a normal spark for your Z31 Autobot.

zhiyuamed
04-27-2015, 06:34 AM
the eng control fuse keeps blowing, I suspect there is a short in the harness since it washttp://goo.gl/NQIZBB