PDA

View Full Version : S13 brake lights and passenger window

DennisS
04-21-2015, 02:05 PM
Edit: fixed my passener window, somehow the relay in drivers side was messing with passenger window function. The brake light problem is still there. Just a note, this problem only exists when my headlights are turned on. When i drive in daytime my tailights function normally. When i drive with my headlights on, my brake lights also turn on.

Alright guys really can't figure this out so need your input. My brake lights will not go off. They stay on (this is including the third brake light. If i press the brakes, they get a little bit brighter. I know that it's not my stopper because i replaced it with three pennies. Could it be the brake relay?

My second problem is my passenger side window. Its always worked and i had problems with my driver side. So i removed the amp in the driver side and messed with it. I got both windows working for a bit, but now my passenger side window wont go down. When i press the passenger side on the driver side switch it doesnt go down and the passenger side switch also doesnt work. Ive replaced both switches so i know its not at fault.

Ilya
04-21-2015, 02:31 PM
Alright guys really can't figure this out so need your input. My brake lights will not go off. They stay on (this is including the third brake light. If i press the brakes, they get a little bit brighter. I know that it's not my stopper because i replaced it with three pennies. Could it be the brake relay?

My second problem is my passenger side window. Its always worked and i had problems with my driver side. So i removed the amp in the driver side and messed with it. I got both windows working for a bit, but now my passenger side window wont go down. When i press the passenger side on the driver side switch it doesnt go down and the passenger side switch also doesnt work. Ive replaced both switches so i know its not at fault.
A little more background please. Did you buy the right bulbs (with two filaments), did you install the correct brake pedal switch since there are different kinds?.

DennisS
04-21-2015, 03:55 PM
I believe the bulbs are correct. They have two filaments. They worked before. As for the brake pedal switch? Im not sure what you mean by that? I have not touched the switch i just put pennies to hit the one switch instead of the rubber stopper. I have tested both switches when they are pressed down. They don't do anything. When they are depressed the brake lights get a bit brighter but when pressed they dont turn off the brake lights.

robinsone
04-21-2015, 04:08 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=522564

Problem solved, very easy to fix. When you get the part you need, don't skimp, go to the dealer or get a nissan part online. The new version will last forever

DennisS
04-21-2015, 04:21 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=522564

Problem solved, very easy to fix. When you get the part you need, don't skimp, go to the dealer or get a nissan part online. The new version will last forever

Its not the rubber stopper i had that problem before and fixed it.

DennisS
04-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Bump .

Ilya
04-21-2015, 08:18 PM
The brake switch is open when the little nipple depressed in. As soon as you press the pedal, the brake switch nipple extends out and closes the circuit. There is very little movement required between open and closed circuit. What was the last thing you did before the brakes stopped working? That's the kind of information we need.

sr23det
04-21-2015, 08:57 PM
Check the plastic piece on the pedal arM that contacts the brakes switch. Pretty common for s13s at the least

sr23det
04-21-2015, 08:59 PM
Disregard my iliteretcy

sr23det
04-21-2015, 09:04 PM
Disregard my post
didn't get your rubber stop
But now comprehend it's the plastic I was referring to

dalehapde
04-22-2015, 06:25 AM
Check the plastic piece on the pedal arM that contacts the brakes switch. Pretty common for s13s at the leasthttp://goo.gl/tVxTl6

DennisS
04-25-2015, 10:33 AM
Bump .