PDA

View Full Version : New S13 brakes bigger than old S13 brakes!!!

Spdrules5
08-11-2004, 03:02 AM
Am I way behind, or was it known that newer 180SX stock brakes are bigger than older S13's. Fronts at least!
I'm doing an SR swap, as well as other upgrades: 300ZX MC, etc. My front clip from japan was a '98 180SX. I just compared the rotors, calipers, piston inside calipers, pads, etc. The rotors are quite noticeably bigger and thicker, the calipers are noticeably different sizes(Still bolts to stock location!). The rotors hit the stock dust shield. The piston inside the caliper was around an 1/8th inch bigger, and the caliper itself holds a pad bigger than my stock pads.

I also installed the newer(but smaller) brake booster and 300ZX 1 1/16th MC.

Any thoughts or comments on these brakes? Will the difference be noticeable? Measureably different?

Pics as soon as I can find a host.

Any idea on where I can buy the new larger brake pads?

TheSnail
08-11-2004, 03:28 AM
Yep, old news. Silvia or 180sx rotor's are bigger, infact are a half inch bigger then the usdm , and trimming the dust shield is needed to fit them/ or extensive bending, since it "almost fits". The calipers are also more beefer. Search Search Search . . .

Wei240
08-11-2004, 11:02 AM
yeah, what he said...

forgot the specs, but it's basically altima rotors, maxima pads, or was it in reverse, but either case, you can get it here... as far as years go, it's somewhere like 93-94 pads i think?
search would probably help you more...