PDA

View Full Version : Weird noise from the rear

toekneex04
08-08-2004, 03:46 AM
Lately I've been hearing this sound from the right side of my rear. I thought it was the tire that was wearing out, but I replaced it with new ones and I still hear it. I hear it more especially when I make a right turn. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have a 90 s13 with vlsd. Could it be the diff making the noise? I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

mrmephistopheles
08-08-2004, 03:58 AM
check your brakes, they could be hanging up. could be blown shock, or thrashed subframe bushing.. get under and look.

autobahNESSA
08-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Ya tony get under and look lazy ass. First u need to get a jack in order to get under and look though.
Bring it by my house next sat and we can look. buy a jack first as mine is not the best. Ill be working on my car anyways dumb exaust leak after last nights escapaid. And brandon is coming up to do wiring.

sLiDewAys
08-08-2004, 11:51 PM
what does it sound like?? is it a thump or clunk.. or more of a WHOOSHING or whowhoowho sound.. i got a whowho sound and it was my diff fluid low.. . check the fluid.. could be low... :( thats my best guess. unless its your exhasut piping hitting the..// brandon

toekneex04
08-09-2004, 04:05 AM
yeah it's more like a whooshing sound. Probably more fluid for the diff? How much does that stuff cost and how hard is it to put more fluid in?

chineseb0i
08-09-2004, 04:45 AM
isn't expensive..jus gear oil. U might as well change it if ur gonna add some since it's somewhat pointless to add new to oil diff fluid unless u recently had new fluid put in. Alsi check for n e leaks since ur fluid is low and we all know it doesn't magically dissappear. Easy to add..i believe there is a 1/2 inch plug near the top that u take off and from there u can add some. Correct me if i'm wrongs guys. if you plan on changing it though u can take off the plate (held by several bolts) and it all should come out. Before you put the plate/cover back on make sure both surfaces are cleaned..use a razor blade to scrape the old gasket off. Find some of that rtv/silicone/sealent stuff..high temp and squeeze a small amount around the diff and use ur fingers to spread it out then bolt it back up. Then u can add more fluid through that hole (that hole is also used to check the fluid level so u might want to do that first)

i hope this is somewhat helpful info.

dvdevo
08-09-2004, 05:11 AM
my rear right side clunks too :( . maybe i should buy some subframe bushings and see will that make a difference. *shhh thats my excuse to buy em*

when is brandon gonna come up to daly city? bish!

sLiDewAys
08-09-2004, 08:44 AM
my rear right side clunks too :( . maybe i should buy some subframe bushings and see will that make a difference. *shhh thats my excuse to buy em*

when is brandon gonna come up to daly city? bish!

hahahha David is GHEY! yeah you heard it right! lol naw im just playyen man.. shure ill come up to DC sometime, just as long as i got a place to stay! haha BISH NYUGGUH!:)

brandon