PDA

View Full Version : SR not running right

ibanezxguy
08-07-2004, 09:01 PM
I have a couple problems. Its a 95 car with an s13 red top
My temperature is running high on the stock gage. I was told it should sit a little higher than my KA's but most people i talked to said it sits in the same spot. And i wouldnt worry about it but its the first day ive had the car back and the needle jumps all the way up.

And second i did a tranny conversion. And my speedo wraps out when im only doing about 45. How do i fix it? And plus when im running in 4th and 5th gear the car kinda sputters. It wont go any faster. I think i was maybe doing a whole 50mph in a 70 today with the gas to the floor.

Im new the SR i just picked it up from the shop today they said it should be okay and to take it easy for the first 500 miles. Im definately gonna give it back to them id just like to try to fix it tonight since its my only car and ive already been without one for a week. Thanks for any help

ibanezxguy
08-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Oh yeah and my power steering fluid looks like it boiling in the resivor. They just said that was normal i dont think so though

ibanezxguy
08-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Oh yeah DAMN MY CAR SUCKS!!! The ABS light is on can i fix that problem or i just dont have ABS now?

TheSparo
08-07-2004, 09:15 PM
well you dont have ABS anymore b/c good luck wiring it to work again w/ the SR, as for the power loss check your intercooler piping...

mrmephistopheles
08-07-2004, 09:53 PM
the temperature thing is due to not having the right sensor. have them swap the KA temp sensor into the SR (if they were competent, they'd have already done this). Are you saying you did AT/MT swap? If so, they're probably using the SR speed sensor. They need to use a KA speed sensor (from S13).
The sputtering could be due to the inaccurate speed signal causing the ECU to cut fuel, thinking you're doing over 110mph.

ibanezxguy
08-07-2004, 09:56 PM
awesome. thank you.

mrmephistopheles
08-07-2004, 10:05 PM
oh and the PS thing is normal.