PDA

View Full Version : Engine shake when releasing clutch

R3b
03-28-2015, 01:11 PM
So I picked up a 240sx s13 this last week and everything looks fine but there is a weird shaking/noise from the engine when I let off the clutch. Its not a vacuum/fuel issue since the car revs and idles fine but the whole engine block shakes and makes a noise once I disengage the clutch. Not really sure what it could be but the previous owner not so long ago intalled a stage 3 clutch and a j30 lsd diff so idk if that has to do with the shaking or not.

Any ideas? I'll post a video in a bit showing exactly whats happening.

R3b
03-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGJN_SGPR4

R3b
03-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Any ideas?? Not idea what to do about it so I just decreased the engine bay and took off plasti dip on the wheels.

bad dog
03-30-2015, 12:32 PM
i watched the tube , very strange

how are the motor mounts

R3b
03-30-2015, 01:33 PM
I think the mounts are finished and its a combination of the the stage 3 clutch catching the engine at low rpms and the mounts just not supporting the engine causing the shake.

Thats not the issue right now since the engine is locked :picardfp: going to open it up to see the head and what needs to be done thinking about doing a whole rebuild and sending the engine to a machine shop for cleaning and bore out. Then rent out a engine support and spend a weekend putting it back together and hoping everything is good.

5weep
03-31-2015, 04:43 PM
If it isn't motor mounts or the clutch being SUPER grabby, maybe your flywheel is warped, seen that before.

R3b
03-31-2015, 05:14 PM
If it isn't motor mounts or the clutch being SUPER grabby, maybe your flywheel is warped, seen that before.

I was thinking that also, mount I think are finished so ill be replacing those when I rebuild the engine and will the engine is out ill check the fly wheel.

jdm-specs
03-31-2015, 06:34 PM
Throw out bearing binding on input shaft? Pilot bearing?

R3b
03-31-2015, 07:43 PM
Throw out bearing binding on input shaft? Pilot bearing?

Was thinking that also, but then I saw some videos on a bad throw out and this is more of chatter and then not getting support when it catches the clutch since its a pretty hard stage 3