PDA

View Full Version : 17x8 +30mm 17x9 +24mm and 17x10.5 +27mm

alkemyst
08-06-2004, 12:47 PM
How would these fit a 1998 SE as far as flush or inset? I am think 17x9 on all 4 corners to make for better rotations and tire life. I don't have a tire size thought up yet, but need to buy within a month or two.

Thanks

Chris

atom
08-06-2004, 01:08 PM
You should really pick a tire size first, then pick the offset because it's the tire size that will dictate what offset will work without rubbing (assuming you want it as flush as possible). But I run 17x9 +22 offset with 235's all around. It's pretty flush (could use another -3 or 4 offset probably) and it works with near stock camber.

Steeles
08-06-2004, 01:39 PM
all the friggin wheel threads and you cant search and see for yourself? sheesh theres a whole friggin thread full of pictures of what size and offset people are running

mikespeed95
08-06-2004, 02:16 PM
link to that thread?

KOUKI KA-T
08-06-2004, 02:31 PM
link to that thread?

Crazy mad offset info (http://www.zilvia.net/f/search.php?)

TheTimanator
08-06-2004, 02:32 PM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=44300&highlight=buddy+club

since your too lazy to search....

Steeles
08-06-2004, 02:42 PM
link to that thread?

try the search button on top of your page. it works wonders. :duh:

maybe im missing something but is this an insanely strange concept? I thought we'd browbeaten it into fools that this is normal and how to do it. and yet we get chit like this? I mean really WTF?!?!?

mikespeed95
08-06-2004, 02:43 PM
look at my post count. does it reflect me having an intricate knowledge of zilvia.net?

thanks for being an azz :coold:

mikespeed95
08-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Crazy mad offset info (http://www.zilvia.net/f/search.php?)

again, thanks for being an azz

Steeles
08-06-2004, 02:45 PM
post count has no reflection of intelligence. you trying to make that connection proves not that your a newb but that your just dumb.

the newb is what prevents you from knowing i AM an asshole and will continue to be one. didnt you read my location?

mikespeed95
08-06-2004, 02:45 PM
sheesh theres a whole friggin thread full of pictures of what size and offset people are running

you mention a thread, i ask if you had a link to it since you obviosly knew about it.

is this zilvia-tech?

alkemyst
08-06-2004, 03:21 PM
I did search for offset, there are millions of posts and not many that state what I asked. I have three options and was looking for an opinion. Also most of the pics showing offset many times don't identify the size or you can't really tell or it's not the sizes I have mentioned.

If you can find a thread with all my options listed and shown I am all for it...however I gave up after trying to find it.

Chris

meme
08-06-2004, 04:36 PM
i would go with the 17x9. i have 18x9.5+22 all around and it sticks out a bit. not bad though.

alkemyst
08-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Those threads everyone says "search" for are sort of worthless too (the ones mentioned) as they don't tell you rubbing, alignment issues, etc.

Anyone know if the 17x9 +24 would be optimal on the 98 S14 with 300ZX brakes and Flex coilovers?

275/45 the tire to go with?

Thanks

Chris

alkemyst
08-06-2004, 08:16 PM
I was looking at more pics and I'd say the 17x8 with 30mm is flush up front....the 17x9 with 24 should be flush out back (I think it's about .75" more out)

It would be a staggered setup but I think ideal.

I will probably be ok with Flex up front and tight with some others (HE especially)

TheTimanator
08-06-2004, 10:56 PM
I was looking at more pics and I'd say the 17x8 with 30mm is flush up front....the 17x9 with 24 should be flush out back (I think it's about .75" more out)

It would be a staggered setup but I think ideal.

I will probably be ok with Flex up front and tight with some others (HE especially)
Remember:
1.) Flush is different to different people. Always remember that!!
2.) If you do not find the EXACT offset in a thread you can still guestimate with offsets that are close. Remember that 5mm is really small! (unless your looking at some crazy offsets and need to be exact...which your not)
3.) Lower the offset the more suspension clearence you will have and less fender clearence.
4.) There are always spacers.

If you clicked on the link I posted above you would see a 17x8 +25 up front 18x9 +25 in the rear on an S14 and see that it is not that flush. The rear is okay but the front offset needs to be lower in that width IMO.(especially if you have any negative camber) Go with 17x9 +24 all around and it should look relatively good (again depending on your defintion of flush...) Unless you run crazy big tires. Also, don't be afraid to roll your fenders, or get it done professionally.... BAM extra 10mm of clearence!

EDIT: Here is the car I was talking about. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/314750
very close to the offsets/widths you were talking about.

s14srpilot
08-07-2004, 01:47 AM
look at my post count. does it reflect me having an intricate knowledge of zilvia.net?

thanks for being an azz :coold:

Pay no attention to steeles. He is the black anus er black asshole er hes just mad because he made a stupid decision and put an s13 sr into his s14...and he thinks he knows everything lol

noahrexion
08-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Ya, as you can tell by HIS post count he obviously doesnt have much better things to do that post useless crap like he did and increase his post count.

Anyhow, hers a pic of my S14. I have 17x8 and 17x9 +23 on both. The rears are just perfect IMO. I run 225/45 up front and 245/40 in back. he fronts could use a tiny bit more to be flush but im not concerned about that.
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/6287/newrims1.jpg

Steeles
08-07-2004, 11:51 AM
S14srpilot and noahrexion - Mother fuckers you dont EVEN know me so keep my name out of your mouths

alkemyst
08-07-2004, 04:31 PM
If you clicked on the link I posted above you would see a 17x8 +25 up front 18x9 +25 in the rear on an S14 and see that it is not that flush. The rear is okay but the front offset needs to be lower in that width IMO.(especially if you have any negative camber) Go with 17x9 +24 all around and it should look relatively good (again depending on your defintion of flush...) Unless you run crazy big tires. Also, don't be afraid to roll your fenders, or get it done professionally.... BAM extra 10mm of clearence!

Maybe I am not thinking this out right....again that's why I posted though :).

Wouldn't a 17x9 with +24mm stick out about 1/2 more than a 17x8 with +25mm? On the fronts that may be outside the fender based on the link you sent.

Also would just dropping $600 on Cobra R wheels (I will have custom centers made) with tires like new be the best bang for buck? I'd love to drop more cash on SSR's / Gram Lights / etc but I also want to add to my home theatre, my stereo/suspension/brakes, upgrade my PC, save for my house purchase next year ;) so it becomes drawing a line somewhere. I need new tires within two months more or less (torsion bushings fuxored my tires).

thanks

exitspeed
08-07-2004, 05:51 PM
wow these posts are just so typical of zilvia...it's just exhausting to read :-/ It's a shame there IS so much info on this site because I wouldn't even come here to learn if I didn't have to or want to. it's a constant battle between the people that KNOW EVERYTHING about teh 240 with a thousand posts+ and the people that have just a few...I myself am in the middle.

focused
08-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Those threads everyone says "search" for are sort of worthless too (the ones mentioned) as they don't tell you rubbing, alignment issues, etc.

I don't see the point of building a car if you do everything people tell you. Wouldn't that make it someone else's car and not yours in a way?

Do your own research, draw your own conclusions, make your own mistakes.

If you want to ask a question, that's cool. Just expect people to trash you. It's the internet.

Also realize that it is the internet, and that it's one of the largest resources you could ever have, every answer you want is out there, You just have to find it.

TheTimanator
08-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Maybe I am not thinking this out right....again that's why I posted though :).

Wouldn't a 17x9 with +24mm stick out about 1/2 more than a 17x8 with +25mm? On the fronts that may be outside the fender based on the link you sent.

Also would just dropping $600 on Cobra R wheels (I will have custom centers made) with tires like new be the best bang for buck? I'd love to drop more cash on SSR's / Gram Lights / etc but I also want to add to my home theatre, my stereo/suspension/brakes, upgrade my PC, save for my house purchase next year ;) so it becomes drawing a line somewhere. I need new tires within two months more or less (torsion bushings fuxored my tires).

thanks
You mean 1/2 an inch? That makes sense to me. But as the first guy posted he's running 17x9 +22 with 235's and doesn't seem to have any issues with near stock camber.

What you could do is this...(since you don't seem set on what rims yet)
Look through the thread I posted and search around the forums and find what you define as FLUSH. Keeping in mind tire size, camber, and whether fender is rolled as those will be essential to offset/width sizing. Then takes those specs and plug them in to the offset calculator (http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html). Then you can base what you consider flush against any rim you might buy!

Unfortunately I can't remember all that the calculator shows you. (for some reason it doesn't work on my compy) but try it anyway.
As for Cobra rims... That's totally up to you. Consider what you want to do with the car. Good Luck

PS- I'm not a know-it-all by any means. Most of the offset junk I've learned on here. Doesn't make me an expert by any means. Most everything you can think of can be answered or figured out by using the WWW

alkemyst
08-09-2004, 11:34 AM
I don't see the point of building a car if you do everything people tell you. Wouldn't that make it someone else's car and not yours in a way?

WTF? did you think this out or just want to poop here? Asking someone for advice on a fitiment is a lot different than asking 'what's wheels should I use?'

Do your own research, draw your own conclusions, make your own mistakes.

If you want to ask a question, that's cool. Just expect people to trash you. It's the internet.

Also realize that it is the internet, and that it's one of the largest resources you could ever have, every answer you want is out there, You just have to find it.

You do realize I have been on the 'internet' before it even was the internet prior to 1983. Yeah crap like the drivel you posted here is common. You have asshats saying search in one breath and other's saying <as if web veterans> "You get flamed for asking questions....so just don't do it". Fact is more or less of those flaming are usually just pissed they cannot be part of whatever is going on...either way it doesn't bother me.

Anyways...my research is here as well as looking around other places. Asking for a specific 3 sizes on a specific model. Tire size to answer (I thought it was understood) will be within 3% of stock....235/45, 255/40 depending on the 8" vs 9" wheel, etc. If one simply has no clue they don't have to contribute. Me looking at pictures of other's setups only gets me so far...I have no idea on rubbing, rolled fenders, if a spacer is used, etc.

Buying a set of wheels and being stuck with them if they don't fit is not something I'd like to do.

alkemyst
08-09-2004, 11:43 AM
What you could do is this...(since you don't seem set on what rims yet)
Look through the thread I posted and search around the forums and find what you define as FLUSH. Keeping in mind tire size, camber, and whether fender is rolled as those will be essential to offset/width sizing. Then takes those specs and plug them in to the offset calculator (http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html). Then you can base what you consider flush against any rim you might buy!

I like this calc, I have it already, but I can't find the exact size on my stock wheels. The offset is listed as 34 to 43 in many places....I thought it was 43mm 6JJx16...now i am not sure.

Most everything you can think of can be answered or figured out by using the WWW

Well yes that is true, same way with just sitting down at a wheel shop and spending the day testing wheel/tire combos....but then why have discussion forums?

TheTimanator
08-09-2004, 11:54 AM
I like this calc, I have it already, but I can't find the exact size on my stock wheels. The offset is listed as 34 to 43 in many places....I thought it was 43mm 6JJx16...now i am not sure.

That's why I suggested using a size that you consider flush, b/c is stock is definately not..

Well yes that is true, same way with just sitting down at a wheel shop and spending the day testing wheel/tire combos....but then why have discussion forums?
to post your findings! :D

sil40sx
08-09-2004, 12:21 PM
dude, you guys are like, so dumb.

KiDyNomiTe
08-09-2004, 01:01 PM
wow why is everyone so freakin lazy and dumb these days. Either a) find someone with similar offests, alignment will be different and so will tire size, so shoot low and roll fenders (thats like 15mm), or shoot high and add spacers. The interenet has made too many people lazy, can't think for yourselfs, and when someone calls you out on it, you cry and try to attack that person with the little you know of them through the boards instead of admitting you were wrong. And our posts do go up for making posts like this, so your not the first to be an idiot if that makes you feel better.

aznpoopy
08-09-2004, 01:16 PM
i'll be the nice one and do your searching for you.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=44300&highlight=wheel+offset

Dream240
08-09-2004, 01:25 PM
well here I go....

I just had a thread asking about clearance with FN01R-Cs and basically everyone was pretty helpful. It helped me figure out how wide I want to go and with what offset to keep from having to modify my fenders and keep camber as stock as possible.

My suggestion to you is this....take the HELPFUL info you get here on Zilvia, and look at some company websites for rim sizes and offsets and what's compatible with our cars. Like the 5Zigen website shows the applications each rim will fit so you can easily see what you should even pursue and what's gonna be way more trouble than it's worth. Also don't be afraid to email these companies with questions. They get paid to answer this stuff and they really never flame you they just answer you short and sweet.

My findings were: 17x8 +25 offset with 235/40 or 245/40 will clear with no mods, but with not be completely flush. Alot better than stock look. 17x9 +35 with 245/40, maybe 255/40, will definitely clear rears, maybe fronts, will not be flush in the rear, almost, mot sure about flushness in front. Might be some camber issues for clearance. I'm gonna go with 17x8 +25 235/40 all around for rotation, should look really clean and better than stock. Keep in mind this is all with FN01R-C rims. You know with the calc in here you can just take those measurements and go out to your car and MEASURE the distances!! Try it, really puts things into perspective.

The best advice I can give about web forums is that you just have to take the good info with the bad posts. Filter out what you need and move on. I really just like reading this stuff cause I like to see what everyone says to eachother. It's funny how everyone is so brave and hardcore and bold sitting behind their computer within the saftey of their cubicle (me) or bedroom....ha it cracks me up....see if they act the same way to your face. Hell I probably wouldn't unless you were a total retard in real life, then you deserve a little ridicule.

Good luck.

alkemyst
08-09-2004, 06:09 PM
wow why is everyone so freakin lazy and dumb these days. Either a) find someone with similar offests, alignment will be different and so will tire size, so shoot low and roll fenders (thats like 15mm), or shoot high and add spacers. The interenet has made too many people lazy, can't think for yourselfs, and when someone calls you out on it, you cry and try to attack that person with the little you know of them through the boards instead of admitting you were wrong. And our posts do go up for making posts like this, so your not the first to be an idiot if that makes you feel better.

Perhaps I dont have people around me with a similar situation. Perhaps I actually have a busy life and limited time to research. Perhaps this is/was the very reason discussion forums were created. Perhaps I have gotten ahead of myself...who knows not like I didn't do much of any research with over 160 hours of chemistry/biology/zoology and another 100 or so in computer science....oh wait I also built quite a few cars and trucks now.

Thing is I did *search*. I saw those links, but there is not enough info there if you know from past experience all the variables you face. Just because a wheel looks nice and flush in an image...doesn't mean you can turn your wheel without fuxoring a fender or having to remove the inner liners, roll the lips, bang dents in the inner fenders, etc.

The real fact is 'so called' experts love to come in a crap how they have this inherent knowledge now and don't even need to search. Fact is most of these 'experts' have no freaking life nor the ability to do real mods / purchases.

Thing is I have the money, just not the time, I trust the guys here as zilvia is supposed to be one of the 'real' performance 240 boards unlike a lot of the others that are just constant pissing matches about how flat black krylon is way more stealth and y0 JDM tight than Rustoleum satin. :rawk:

I have tried to find the fvcking stock offset and there is not straight answer to that even...yet alone a set of non-stock wheels.

alkemyst
08-09-2004, 06:14 PM
now according to my FSM the stock wheel is 16x6.5JJ....much of the literature says 6JJ for it.

The factory calls for a 40mm offset.

TheTimanator
08-09-2004, 10:11 PM
So, huh?
Firgure out stock sizes? For what pupose? Stock sizing suxors.... I guess it would be a good place to start with but why?
I'm not really understanding why you haven't figured out or decided on what sizing you want yet.

There is enough info in this post that you should be able to pick your sizing. atom and dream240 posted some decent width/offsets, addressing the issues that you've stated. So, now just go pick the rims with width/offsets near or the same as what has been posted and BAM! your done. Good Luck

KiDyNomiTe
08-10-2004, 01:22 AM
When I said find someone with similar, I didnt mean locally, there are thousands of members on here, and I am sure there is someone with the same size wheels you are looking for. Especially the 17x9, it has been used and abused out of all the sizes. After finding those pics look at the car, if the pic was taken at the right spots you should be able to tell if its pulled (maybe rolled). Search a little more and you could probably find thier setup. If not PM them, ask if they know what thier alignment is. With all these hours in research for school I am assuming you can take a few minutes and figue out what a difference in tire size and offset would do for your fenders. Won't be perfect but it'll be close.

If your life is too busy to do somethign simple like that, you should quit now, cuz that is not very time consuming, putting on the wheels takes longer, a lot longer. Or you are trying too hard to find the perfect twin of your setup.

And yes forums are for finding information, but there is a reason why old posts don't dissapear. Since you are so into school I am sure you have written notes in a notebook, do you constantly rewrite stuff becuase you don't want to flip back a few pages when you have to study old chapters.

Perhaps I dont have people around me with a similar situation. Perhaps I actually have a busy life and limited time to research. Perhaps this is/was the very reason discussion forums were created. Perhaps I have gotten ahead of myself...who knows not like I didn't do much of any research with over 160 hours of chemistry/biology/zoology and another 100 or so in computer science....oh wait I also built quite a few cars and trucks now.

Thing is I did *search*. I saw those links, but there is not enough info there if you know from past experience all the variables you face. Just because a wheel looks nice and flush in an image...doesn't mean you can turn your wheel without fuxoring a fender or having to remove the inner liners, roll the lips, bang dents in the inner fenders, etc.

The real fact is 'so called' experts love to come in a crap how they have this inherent knowledge now and don't even need to search. Fact is most of these 'experts' have no freaking life nor the ability to do real mods / purchases.

Thing is I have the money, just not the time, I trust the guys here as zilvia is supposed to be one of the 'real' performance 240 boards unlike a lot of the others that are just constant pissing matches about how flat black krylon is way more stealth and y0 JDM tight than Rustoleum satin. :rawk:

I have tried to find the fvcking stock offset and there is not straight answer to that even...yet alone a set of non-stock wheels.

aznpoopy
08-10-2004, 07:10 AM

dude just go to the link i posted. i guarantee you'll get your answer in there. if everyone had your attitude nobody would have any information on the forums. there always has to be that first person to bite the bullet and test it out. those are the people that contribute to the forums. since you've built so many cars why don't you try it sometime.

alkemyst
08-10-2004, 07:30 AM
I never said I was too busy for anything...I like to go boating on the weekend, see some movies, relax at night, etc. Last thing I want to do is spend all my time hunting down crap when a simple post and this forum is exactly what the idea to do is. And your response about 'if that busy move on' is usually said by low income people just getting by in life, possibly still living at home/with roommates. I am paid very well for the inconvenience just working causes me and I enjoy my work, but I work to play and as such don't want to spend my time off online anymore than I have too.

Knowing the exact stock size is the BEST place to start...I didn't realize it was so hard to understand. You now know exactly where your are at in the wheel well and can now know how much more inboard and outboard to go.

17x9 is a popular size, however many posts just mention that (17x9) or are S13's....seems like most cars are S13s here due to being so cheap. They are very different in sizing though. There also was not a huge variety in the S14's basically 17x8 up front and 17x9 in the rear with mid 20's on offset.
Some have said the sizing up front isn't ideal. I found about 3 options that looked close, but again no mentions of mods to get the fit nor post fit problems.

Then I have brake and coilover doubts, which I don't have installed yet and only a few of the wheel posts mentioned having with the S14. I will be doing FLEX/EDFC and 300zx brakes soon.

Now my question was 17x9 on all four corners or perhaps a 10.5 in the rear. Definitely not a popular choise and why I am looking more into it.

I really think it's funny how some just like to have the knowledge and act the e-toughguy telling other "don't ask questions here, just search the web". Well if no one asked to begin with, or posted there would be nothing to search for.

alkemyst
08-10-2004, 07:34 AM
dude just go to the link i posted. i guarantee you'll get your answer in there. if everyone had your attitude nobody would have any information on the forums. there always has to be that first person to bite the bullet and test it out. those are the people that contribute to the forums. since you've built so many cars why don't you try it sometime.

Well I didn't realize I was not contributing with http://30moons.com/Nissan240SXIndex.php

Dream240
08-10-2004, 07:55 AM
alkemyst, dude you need to lighten up. Take a little criticsm it's good for the ego.

Anyhoo, with relation to your wheel width, 10.5 is VERY uncommon in 240s, more so in S13s. Since you have an S14 your in better shape but, if your concern is to not have to modify your fenders, this will not work. You will definitely need some modification to fit those big boys back there. Also in relation to the Z brakes and coilovers, my best suggestion to you is ask the manufacturers directly!! For instance 5Zigen, I emailed them recently about the FN01R-C clearing sutff and they responded within a day and said I'll be fine with the wheels I want to run. It's that simple. What wheels are you considering? Because the other thing you have to think about is if they even make the size you want in the rim you want. I wanted 18x8 but 5Zigen doesn't make those for the FN01s.

Also with regard to brake clearance, it really depends on the spoke design not the offset or wheel width. Again check with the manufacturers or look here: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=26959
check these pics out and then email or PM the guys that are running rims for offsets and brake clearance. Might take about an hour or so but will be worth it. Don't learn the hard way and buy rims that won't fit then you have to get other ones.

alkemyst
08-10-2004, 08:05 AM
alkemyst, dude you need to lighten up. Take a little criticsm it's good for the ego.

Perhaps :), but I am on a lot of forums and the kind of thing I see here is common...unfortunately I am at the learning end still and really don't know much to reply accurately.

I am looking at Cobra R wheels now, as I need tires and want to do a lot of other things than drop $2000 on new wheels and tires. However, I really like the looks of the Cobra R's....more so than many. I am also thinking of the 5 zigens F1NR's and would like to do the SSR's or HKE's as the final choice, but I want to do leather, my suspension, the brakes, LSD, turbo, some stereo stuff prior to dropping so much just on wheels.

I need tires now. If I can get a set of wheels with good tires for $600 or so that would be a good deal. I came from mostly a Mustang (1966 and 1988 GT's) plus currently planned out my father's 1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco 408 build up so I have a lot of Ford contacts, my Nissan will probably be tuned by Thunder Motorsports locally who is doing another Nissan with SR20 now...they are a Mustang shop...but one of the few up here with a dyno.

Dream240
08-10-2004, 08:55 AM
hmmm...interesting. I have never seen a Mustang shop do swaps on 240s. That should be an experience. As far asyour future plans. At least you're thinking ahead which is more than I can say for me.

I started on the exterior mods of my car with the plans to keep it simple and as close to stock as possible. So I went with just doing rims. Got my first set of 18"s without any research and ended up trading them in (rim rental place, don't ask) for ANOTHER set of 18"s which I have on my car now. Really good rims and I get ALOT of compliments on them. Won an award for best rims last year at a dealer car show. But they just aren't right for me. Bad offset (+38) and heavy (23lbs each). Plus I've started to take the performance mindset instead of the car show mindset, which is why I'm changing rims, again. So it's good that you're thinking this through and trying not to waste too much money on mods that you end up changing again, and again. :)

Cobra Rs are cool, but to be honest sometimes what you want and what you end up with due to practicality are two different things. Have you looked around for some alternates rims that still make you feel are warm and fuzzy like the Cobras? check out discounttiredirect.com for some pretty broad rim choices and a well organized website.

alkemyst
08-10-2004, 09:34 AM
The mustang shop will only do the tuning...they won't do any recommendations. Still the hard part (I think) is the tuning and without a dyno really difficult to know for sure.

I have looked at other wheels. The problem is trying to do this at $600.....I have a lot of options but realistically (unless I get lucky on ebay/forums) the cobra takeoffs are the best bang for buck and not a bad looking wheel on top of that. They have a definite factory look to them and are nice and aggressive. The RX7 guys also use them.

In the future it's going to be SSR, Fiske, HKE more than likely for me...something definitely lightweight. Right now I need tires....if I can do wheels and tires for close to that and be happy while the rest of the modifications happen, that will be cool. I just don't see dropping big cash on wheels right now when I have so much other things to do that I will get a direct benefit from....then once the rest of the car is dialled in picking the exact wheel I want and getting it to fit with everything in place will make a lot more sense.

Wasting $50 on an item that doesn't work right is something that's part of playing. Having to sell off a set of $2000 wheels and tires that don't fit for $1,000 really sucks. If I wasn't dealing with the headaches of working on this 1996 Bronco (a rare truck that has Mass air unlike the other broncos, plus obdII). It's a nice ride, but it's down to tuning now and a oil seal leak....estimates are about 450/450 hp/tq with a mild street/towing cam (the purpose is to tow a 27'-28 open fisherman with a short wheelbase).

I will say the mustang is simple to mod and find stuff for...just click a link and type in your credit card info....most things work well out the box.

KiDyNomiTe
08-10-2004, 10:04 AM
all this time you have spent arguing with us, and assumptions you are making about our personal lives would hav been plenty of time to find 17x9 on an S14. If you search for I have new wheels I know there have been quite a few people with 17x9 +15 fn01rcs on thier s14s. Big wheels are a lot more common on s14s becuase they come in 5 lug. There are quite a few of 17x10s of people with SP1s, add an extra ~12mm to your measurements for your extra .5. Just stop making assumptions that we are poor, or we have no idea on how to build a car, or we have no life, and think for yourself. I know its not hard you did it in school, and you must have done it while building your cars.

alkemyst
08-10-2004, 05:47 PM
I wasn't claiming everyone was poor...I was stating those that think everyone has all this freetime usually are.

My flame was against this kind of very post....not offering any solution but to go elsewhere to find the answer. Elitest attitudes are the norm on discussion boards though.

My first 6 months here things seemed great, but lately it seems the tides have turned for questions. I have checked many links 'offered' in other posts that do not even come close to answering the question at hand.

KiDyNomiTe
08-10-2004, 07:22 PM
17x8 (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=59092&highlight=17x8)
17x9 (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=56202&highlight=17x9)
17x10.5 (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=507348&postcount=116)

... What else do you want, a plane ticket to each location, PM them, ask about all the variables. I am sure they would be happy to help. That took me about 5-10 minutes, didn't go past page one, just put 17x8; 17x9; 17x10.5 (I had to change this one too results by posts not threads). I know there are more of each of those sizes all over this board with pics cuz we all like to be whores and post pics of ourselves.

alkemyst
08-10-2004, 07:52 PM
17x8 (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=59092&highlight=17x8)
17x9 (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=56202&highlight=17x9)
17x10.5 (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=507348&postcount=116)

... What else do you want, a plane ticket to each location, PM them, ask about all the variables. I am sure they would be happy to help. That took me about 5-10 minutes, didn't go past page one, just put 17x8; 17x9; 17x10.5 (I had to change this one too results by posts not threads). I know there are more of each of those sizes all over this board with pics cuz we all like to be whores and post pics of ourselves.

Again you are simply just not getting it. WTF do pictures do me...WTF is that 17x9 link going to do for me? Nothing is listed on what had to be done to fit them, nor brakes, nor coilovers...etc. You are right there are a ton of pics. No info though...how much modification have you done on a picture alone? I have a tornado for sale, +50 hp and over 100mpg!.

I can find like I said a ton of freaking 'pictures' (wow!). I was asking specifics. You have not posted any links that tell you anything but give a WOW! nice pic to look at. That 10.5 pic is fu king laughable. That's supposed to help?

In 4000+ posts you'd think you'd have less an attitude about those that have with money to spend instead of just bench racing.

KiDyNomiTe
08-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Again you are simply just not getting it. WTF do pictures do me...WTF is that 17x9 link going to do for me? Nothing is listed on what had to be done to fit them, nor brakes, nor coilovers...etc. You are right there are a ton of pics. No info though...how much modification have you done on a picture alone? I have a tornado for sale, +50 hp and over 100mpg!.

I can find like I said a ton of freaking 'pictures' (wow!). I was asking specifics. You have not posted any links that tell you anything but give a WOW! nice pic to look at. That 10.5 pic is fu king laughable. That's supposed to help?

In 4000+ posts you'd think you'd have less an attitude about those that have with money to spend instead of just bench racing.
Like I said, PM them. Brake clearance also depend on spoke design, you never said what wheels you wanted. Those drops are all on coilovers. I know off the top of my head what they are because I have been on this board for a while, but a simple PM would give you an answer and also how much clearance the tires give etc. etc. You can see what kind of brakes they have in some of those pics, if you look hard enough you'll find z brakes there.

I have seen a lot of pics of cars. I ended up buying wheels I expected not to fit (in the rear at least), but was prepared to roll and pull my fenders, they barely fit, but I am running more camber than I want.

In 4000 posts I have seen many not search, I get more and more of an attitude the more I see it. Then I lost you in the rest of that sentence.

revat619
08-10-2004, 09:07 PM
good lord this is ridiculous, i just read this entire thread and Kid along with everybody else has basically given you all the info you need. LOOK...

17x9 + 15 WILL fit with rolled fenders and some negative camber.

Are you willing to roll fenders and run negative camber? If not, cross that size of your list and while you're at it cross of the 10.5's too. It isnt rocket science dude. Wheel sizing depends on what you want to and are willing to do to make something fit and what YOUR idea of flush is. geeeez... What else do you want to know?!?! Or maybe i'm just lost and i dont know what it is you're asking.

alkemyst
08-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Within this thread I have found to drop the 10.5 idea.

Also why go 17x9 +15mm then? I never asked for that, someone else brought it up that 'it works'.

Rolling fenders and removing stuff, altering items is what I would like to avoid.

So instead of answering the fucking question other's say go search and look at the pics to tell if a fender is rolled or pulled....that's a little idiotic and usually not so clear, esp if I am new to nissan's to begin with.

Also most of these pics are S13's, again it doesn't help me.

KiDyNomiTe
08-11-2004, 08:36 AM
17x9 +15 will not require you to pull if you run a lot of camber, I can see that by those pics. I am sure it needs to be rollled seeing how close the tire gets to the fender but I don't know how much s14 fenders stick out, you should. On s13s that little like is like 15mm, go to your car and look under your fender. If you want it to look really flush, rolling the fenders will be needed or else it'll look like its a few mm off yet its just on that fender that nobody can see.

Tire size makes a big difference... IIRC 17x9 +24 is the size of a mustang wheel, there are a few posts about those. Search for them and you will see how they fit.

Pictures are worth a 1000 words...

Dream240
08-11-2004, 08:42 AM
alkemyst,

What's going on man? Why isn't this enough info for you to make a decision? Those 3 pics of different wheels show what the basic look is for the size ANd they are all S14s? Here's a link to the thread I posted about offset with FN01R-C. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=59492&highlight=FN01R-C

It doesn't give you an exact answer about the Cobra Rs but it helps with the changes needed for an S14 based on different sizes. This should help you with your decision.

Also from what I can tell here we are all trying to help you man, so ease off the tension and just take all this info and make your decision as best you can.
Good luck and I'm sure the rim size you pick will be perfect.

Steeles
08-11-2004, 02:19 PM
alkemyst,

What's going on man? Why isn't this enough info for you to make a decision? .

Hes a fucking baby that wants everything spoonfed to him

alkemyst
08-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Hes a fucking baby that wants everything spoonfed to him

No I have money to spend and we have a bunch of crybabies thinking they'd be able to know it all if they just had some MONEY

We are all not living at home with only our cars as responsibilities.

:bow:

s14srpilot
08-11-2004, 03:31 PM
S14srpilot and noahrexion - Mother fuckers you dont EVEN know me so keep my name out of your mouths

Nor do I wanna ever know you. Keep your stupid posts out of other people's inquiries and we won't have any problems.

KiDyNomiTe
08-11-2004, 06:56 PM
No I have money to spend and we have a bunch of crybabies thinking they'd be able to know it all if they just had some MONEY

wow you love assuming things don't you. You just love to make a point of it that you have some money, and a busy life, and you went to school. All your accomplishments and you can't make a decision for your self.

alkemyst
08-11-2004, 09:31 PM
wow you love assuming things don't you. You just love to make a point of it that you have some money, and a busy life, and you went to school. All your accomplishments and you can't make a decision for your self.

No I have decided you are a dumbass though...search wheel and offsets, you, tim, azn, dream, etc are in every one pretty much just crapping on threads.

When you *have* that much time you know you are a loser.

Thanks though, got a little chuckle out of this.

Rock on TNT.

KiDyNomiTe
08-11-2004, 09:56 PM
its summer, I go to work and hang out with friends, sorry I dont work 12 hours a day, or dont have time to be home and relax. Don't get pissy cuz your life sucks and you have no free time and dedicate it to work and school and the only thing you do in your free time is try and make people make decisions for you by flaunting your school work, and second guessing thier lives to try and belittle them.

You obviously have enough time to argue with me, but not enough to make a simple decision such as chosing offsets on a wheel.

I did search the word offset and out of 15 pages of stuff I only made one negative post, and that was about the laziness of someone. And here I am again complaining about the laziness of you. Then I searched for posts where I mentioned the word offset, nothing negative but the one thread. I am sure there is something out there, but out of 4K posts and 2 years I am bound to get sick of seeing the same shit.

AceInHole
08-11-2004, 11:25 PM
the mustang 17x9's don't like to clear the front coilovers very well (at least, not with a 275 tire on them). I've got 19mm spacers up front for those bad boys.... but then again, flooshness doesn't count in autocross. I can't really say much for the fender side since mine have been pulled slightly already.

Nothing is listed on what had to be done to fit them, nor brakes, nor coilovers...etc.
also, any amount of searching would've shown: AceInHole = Q45 brakes + D2 coilovers + RUCAs. It's in my crappy "Rides" thingie.

alkemyst
08-12-2004, 07:08 AM
its summer, I go to work and hang out with friends, sorry I dont work 12 hours a day, or dont have time to be home and relax. Don't get pissy cuz your life sucks and you have no free time and dedicate it to work and school and the only thing you do in your free time is try and make people make decisions for you by flaunting your school work, and second guessing thier lives to try and belittle them.

I work 12 hours a day? hmmm don't think so....I work a fairly loose 9-5, 1 hour lunch type deal. I have an office, I pretty much come and go as I need to here. I am a professional, not a worker bee. The point of my education was I can do research. I tried to research this but there is a lot of bogus info. There is another thread with the same assh0les here and a guy with SSR's he just bought in the wrong size due to coming to the wrong conclusions based on searching and advice here.

For the record I am basically positive you have nothing good to show for anything, just an armchair expert talking about the day his big check comes in and he can actually buy something. You just leave droppings galore and occasionally give y0 that's so JDM tite shout outs on things very extreme...which is fine, but most of us are probably trying to build great street cars, not banged up canyon runners. Not that anything is wrong with the latter....I do plan on having a weekend only vehicle myself...just that I have no desire to have that be my daily driver as well.

You obviously have enough time to argue with me, but not enough to make a simple decision such as chosing offsets on a wheel.

I did search the word offset and out of 15 pages of stuff I only made one negative post, and that was about the laziness of someone. And here I am again complaining about the laziness of you. Then I searched for posts where I mentioned the word offset, nothing negative but the one thread. I am sure there is something out there, but out of 4K posts and 2 years I am bound to get sick of seeing the same shit.

I am able to have as MUCH freetime as I want. I just choose to spend it elsewhere. The point where you are so wrong is I, like other's, have searched. The information is not that clear unless 18x9+7 and 18x10+11 is the choice and I don't see many running that, just armchair racing again.

It's not about being lazy either...I understand searching and researching things first and then posting....hell my website was a lot of work and I really got zero input yet the thing is getting tons of hits. There is only so much time in a day and you have to pick the battles you enter.

Just because 100, 1000, 10000 posts come up on something, it doesn't mean it's applicable. There is very little on S14's and very little given as far as the complete picture (offset, tire size, width, fender mods/problems, coilover clearance, etc).

As far as seeing the same stuff over and over, I hate to tell you this but that is the way a discussion forum dedicated to a single item is. You are going to have only so many things (coilovers, turbos, headers, brakes, wheels) and then each has a lot of variety. Like the HE's can cause problems other coilovers don't with tire clearance.

Best advice you can get and with 4k posts you really already know is that each post here is not always directed at you for comment. Your attitude is the same that drives those that want to burn books, their weak little minds cannot keep them from avoiding them on their own.

Dream240
08-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Holy crap dude. You really don't listen. Since this thread is doomed to be locked soon anyways, (WEST please help!) I want to put my two in real quick.

What the hell are you doing saying that I'm posting useless crap on alot of threads? Where do you get off? It's great that you went to school and got your education and now you're better than us "worker bees" but one thing for sure is that $20,000 education didn't teach you how to listen.

EVERYONE has given you sooooo much info (uhh 2 pages, 59 replies) and you're still bitching about how all this stuff is useless and no one understands your problem :cry: but really every reply has been helpful info (well except the ones where guys are defending themselves).

Hell man I never got a degree and I make $25 bucks an hour and I work in an office with a window that overlooks the Bay, and I come and go when I please, work OT when I want, come in on Saturdays to play games with the fellas. But do you see me boasting about how great my life is and how all these other 240 guys are just poor dumbass punks? So do us a favor and go back to whatever website your running and post all the :bs: you want.

Hopefully noone else will try helping you again cause you obviously can't see help like a 5 ton mack truck coming right at your stupid face. :eek3d:

Someone lock this please.

240eggsx
08-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Hey, im a zaly bitch... I want to run 235/45/17f and 255/40/17r, I have ZEAL coilovers. Tell me what offset and width I should use.

Steeles
08-12-2004, 08:04 AM

OK I have no clue wtf you just tried to say with the first part of this...

second - once again you dont even know me so quit making ASSuptions about me and MY life.

Nor do I wanna ever know you. Keep your stupid posts out of other people's inquiries and we won't have any problems.

are you threatening me now? wow. here I thought you were a professional not a drone. My posts are informative because the info is out there if you have even a LITTLE brain power. which is was and always will be my point. as ACE said his setup is well documented on this forum just like the majority of people on here that spend tim on here. (i.e. all us postwhores) if you dont care enough to look around and figure stuff out on your own why should we spoonfeed it too you? we've spent our money done the whole trial and error thing and probably posted about it. so you get two choice. spend the money and do the trial and error thing yourself and stfu or do some cot damn research about our trial and errors and stfu. either way for the love of god STFU

aznpoopy
08-12-2004, 08:25 AM
No I have decided you are a dumbass though...search wheel and offsets, you, tim, azn, dream, etc are in every one pretty much just crapping on threads.

wow. dream was the only one who tried to talk to you like you weren't a dumbass. good job insulting him too.

help i need wheels someone hold my hand PLEASE

Dream240
08-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Azn I love your sig!! mmmm......boobs, mmmm.....cute asian boobs..... :boink:

KiDyNomiTe
08-12-2004, 10:43 AM
I work 12 hours a day? hmmm don't think so....I work a fairly loose 9-5, 1 hour lunch type deal. I have an office, I pretty much come and go as I need to here. I am a professional, not a worker bee. The point of my education was I can do research. I tried to research this but there is a lot of bogus info. There is another thread with the same assh0les here and a guy with SSR's he just bought in the wrong size due to coming to the wrong conclusions based on searching and advice here.

I am sure you can do the research, anyone can, but your problem is you don't know what to do with it. Do you think we are all on crack and that we are making this stuff up. I posted 3 links to each wheel width you wanted. You should be able to get a general idea on offset. From that you have to guess whats best for you. The only way to find the absolute perfect offset is to buying each and every offset and test fit them at your settings. I showed you 10.5s on Ace's car and you started laughing. You obviously don't have enough thinking power to figure out that it won't fit w/o rolling and pulling or lots of camber, or crazy stretched tires. You never posted what you plan on having you just are looking for every person with coilovers and 17x9 17x8 or 17x10.5 wheels to show up in this thread with diagrams on how they fit.

With the other thread of the guy that bought SSRs, he found the info, but just like you couldnt figure it out. He did not get thoses sizes from here, he got it from where he bought them. Don't blame his choice on us when he clearly stated that he got his choice elswhere.

For the record I am basically positive you have nothing good to show for anything, just an armchair expert talking about the day his big check comes in and he can actually buy something. You just leave droppings galore and occasionally give y0 that's so JDM tite shout outs on things very extreme...which is fine, but most of us are probably trying to build great street cars, not banged up canyon runners. Not that anything is wrong with the latter....I do plan on having a weekend only vehicle myself...just that I have no desire to have that be my daily driver as well.

It's easy to be positive when you are blind to what we are complaining about. I do spend my money on my car, but I actually drive my car. Its easy to have soo much money that all you do is buy stuff that other people tell you to buy. I actually spend time trying to figure out what I need after I drive my car. I actually use my car for more than a trophy, it has been to every drift event in my area, not much but I work with ClubFR to bring more. I prefer not to buy thousands of dollars in parts in a car then not know what to do with it. My car is not a banged up canyon runner and is perfectly comfortable for a daily driver. With all your money I am suprised you don't have more than one car.

I am able to have as MUCH freetime as I want. I just choose to spend it elsewhere. The point where you are so wrong is I, like other's, have searched. The information is not that clear unless 18x9+7 and 18x10+11 is the choice and I don't see many running that, just armchair racing again.

It's not about being lazy either...I understand searching and researching things first and then posting....hell my website was a lot of work and I really got zero input yet the thing is getting tons of hits. There is only so much time in a day and you have to pick the battles you enter.

Just because 100, 1000, 10000 posts come up on something, it doesn't mean it's applicable. There is very little on S14's and very little given as far as the complete picture (offset, tire size, width, fender mods/problems, coilover clearance, etc).

There is plenty of info on S14s, S14 owners seem to chose those sizes a lot more. Mainly becuase S13 owners are 4 lug. If you look people do post thier tire size, fender mods are easy to see. Rolling might not be but what does that matter, it just looks flusher without damaging anything. If they rubbed coilovers they would not be driving on them. If you need more info like an exact measurement you could PM them. The info is out there, glad you realize that, now use it next time.

Thanks for making the website, never said it was useless, makes things a lot easier for people looking to buy coilovers.

As far as seeing the same stuff over and over, I hate to tell you this but that is the way a discussion forum dedicated to a single item is. You are going to have only so many things (coilovers, turbos, headers, brakes, wheels) and then each has a lot of variety. Like the HE's can cause problems other coilovers don't with tire clearance.

Best advice you can get and with 4k posts you really already know is that each post here is not always directed at you for comment. Your attitude is the same that drives those that want to burn books, their weak little minds cannot keep them from avoiding them on their own.

The point we are trying to make is that wheels choice is easy, especially when dealing with 17s. It will more than likely clear big brakes. There are plenty of different offsets posted with tire size out there. You have to learn to think for yourself.

And even if you were going to make a post about it, you could have been a lot more specific as to what you want. I have asked you numerous times what kind of wheels, what kind of brakes do you plan on running, what tire size do you want. What alignment settings do you plan on running? What do you plan on doing with the car (but the way you mention street car it seems as if it will never make it to a track). You know the variables but you want us to read your mind and figure out what mods you have, then tell you that this and that fits. You will never get an exact answer wutgiyt give a detailed question.

Either way we will answer your question in the same manner that those pictures answer your question, it is just that I have seen most of those posts and put together an understanding on how certain wehels will fit.

alkemyst
12-27-2004, 07:14 PM
I got reply in email though I dont see it

anyway I am running 98 cobras.

http://DriftKat.com/98SEmine.php