PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET Cranks, Has Fuel, Spark, Compression - But doesn't prime

munkeycheez
03-23-2015, 07:09 AM
Hey guys, not sure if this is the write place to post..

I've been working on solving this issue on and off ever since i had my car.

After it sits for a good amount of time, about a week. It's hard to get this thing going. I thought it was the FPR but when I adjust it, I can hear the fuel pump change speed. Not sure if that is good enough to assume its working.
I used to throw a battery charger on it a while back to give it some extra juice, and it would crank over.
Now no matter what, the car just cranks and cranks..

Once I put a little bit of gas in to prime it manually, she fires up after a couple cranks.

I've tried just about everything that I read on forums, but I'm kinda lost.
And it's not the CAS or Timing to put that out there.
Thinking it might be electrical.

Help would be appreciated!
Thanks

0wn3r
03-23-2015, 11:15 AM
What fuel pump is it? If it's a walbro, do you hear it prime normally when you turn the car on?

The battery needs to be fully charged and working obviously. If you let it sit for awhile, you should check and make sure it's not dead and is accepting a charge.

Fuel pump might be weak/dead. You can try holding the gas pedal down while starting...

You could check fuses too.

munkeycheez
03-23-2015, 11:58 AM
What fuel pump is it? If it's a walbro, do you hear it prime normally when you turn the car on?

The battery needs to be fully charged and working obviously. If you let it sit for awhile, you should check and make sure it's not dead and is accepting a charged.

Fuel pump might be weak/dead. You can try holding the gas pedal down while starting...

You could check fuses too.
Yeah there is a Walbro pump in. I hear it prime and confirmed that is working.

All fuses are goodchecked with my DMM.

Battery is 100% charge, that's not a problem. Not even 4 months old. Just checked charge yesterady.

I've pretty much tried every thing in the book.

The thing is I can start the engine if I throw some gas in the priming side.
Then it runs perfect. It's just getting that first initial start over time of sitting.

Cortius017
03-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Bump. I've had the same issues. Too much fuel?

Rusker
03-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Is the engine flooding? Have you checked the seals on the injectors for leaks?