PDA

View Full Version : Starter system problems, help please

blubottlemax
08-04-2004, 11:37 PM
Notes at bottom of post

I recently performed a 5spd and KA engine swap on my 95 240. The vehicle started fine after I wired the inhibitor switch up for about the first 5-6 starts. After that, it refused to start, the solenoids would click under the dash, but nothing under the hood. The car would still push start. After wiggiling some wires around, the vehicle would start again. I tried swapping starters, and had the same problem. After the last wire wiggle, the vehicle started for about 4 days. Then today, I noticed it was taking a long time to start, and the lights were severly dimming, with the starter barely turning the motor over. I took it to get the charging system checked, and after the battery checked good, it wouldn't start again. I stripped off all the wire loom and old tape and checked the wires for any breaks and I can't find any. I tried grounding the starter out and it wouldn't turn over. Any ideas? I need to get this fixed ASAP, I leave Saturday morning to Virginia for a military school. Ehck, Help!!!

KA engine and 5spd swap on 95 240
Started fine 5-6 times
Wouldn't start
Changed starters with used one, same problem
Moved wires around, vehicle started
Today, starter slowly turning until vehicle won't start
Checked all wiring for breaks, so far can't find any
Tried grounding starter out, didn't work

Help Please
:ugh: