PDA

View Full Version : S15 Metal fender on S14 Question?

buntavy
08-04-2004, 03:51 AM
Dont know where to go anymore..I have been looking and searching for answer from Thread to Thraed, but can't seem to find a correct answer. Some said yes and some say no by the end they fight... So can anyone give a right answer... I'm trying to do S15 conversion on my S14 and I want to use S15 JDM metal fender. How is the fitment between door line, and etc.. Any mod need to make to have a good fitment? Anyone has had experiened with metal fender on S14? Please .. Thank you..

mrmephistopheles
08-04-2004, 04:38 AM
needs custom bodyshop work.

UcanTry
08-04-2004, 07:51 AM
the oem s15 fenders will not fit you have to cut them and then cut your s14 fenders and put them together due to the door aligment, if you do get fiberglass fenders a work to the wise do not buy GTP, they suck i have them, there terrible

noahrexion
08-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Exactly, fiberglass IMO sux nutts. They wont line up cause of the door. if you are plannign on spending lots of $ on the project then get the S15 fenders and cut and weld them onto the s14 fenders like others have done. It will obviously require someone pretty skilled, but it has definetly been done before.

papershot
08-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Just use the Masa conversion fenders. Less of a pain to fit than metal ones.

buntavy
08-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Thanks Guy for helping out.....Does anyone have any idea how much would it be for custom work to fit a metal fender? OR If i want to go with fiberglass fenders, which fenders are the best fitment out there? I called and asked about the fiberglass fenders, most of them said it will has a little gap about 1/4 inch between door window and front window.

mrmephistopheles
08-04-2004, 06:41 PM
if you buy the right fenders, they won't fit improperly.
West Yokohama and Masa are the best. Sam at www.jspec.com can get both. Just don't waste his time with 'what should i do' questions. When you're ready to order, drop him and email and let him know what you want. He usually gets things like that pretty quickly.

buntavy
08-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Thank you for all your supports.... I will let u know how my conversion trun out.