PDA

View Full Version : sr20 loosing boost

Koukimonsterr
03-04-2015, 12:58 PM
so i thought i was having a major boost leak. i started to noticed i was loosing boost and it was getting really laggy. i have to be light on the throttle to let it build. So we got the turbo off and manifold and checked all the gaskets. Everything seems to be fine no cracks in the manifold or turbo and gaskets are good. Turbo has a little bit of back and forth play but no side to side. Turbine still spins smooth not hitting the housing. seems to drive better at night and pull.other than that it drives smooth its just bad when getting into boost. Idle is also good so i dont think its the maf. turbo use to make a flutter noise but not anymore. Its an s14 sr20 currently running stock setup besides a few things. wiring specialties tranny and motor harness, aem 320 fuel pump, koyo copper core radiator, ngk irdium spark plugs. not sure if any of those can be the problem. im lost :facepalm: opinions?????

angel mkiv
03-05-2015, 12:09 PM
Get a new wastegate, preferably the hks adjustable actuator one.you can adjust boost also..I bet your wg is leaking and not holding boost..try testing it with a vacuum pump and see if it holds

Koukimonsterr
03-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Awesome didnt tghink about that. we took out the turbo and checked the wastegate. seems to open and close fine. but that was when the turbo was removed off the car. didnt think that it maybe wasnt holding boost. seems to boost at night a little bit but with some lag. i have to let it build up.

Koukimonsterr
03-10-2015, 10:57 AM
when we removed the turbo we noticed the 5bolt gasket was leaking. I believe it is the gasket between turbo and elbow. Im pretty sure thats its just an exhaust leak. could this be an issue?