PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Issue and Question

240sxracer15
03-03-2015, 04:42 PM
I have an S13 SR and the clutch was slipping like crazy so I purchased a new Spec Stage 2+clutch and had the OEM flywheel resurfaced. They took a little more off then they thought they would need so we put the flywheel back in with a spacer. Well I noticed that the clutch was slipping a little bit when under high load, 5k rpms when getting on it. So I had my buddy take the spacer out and while doing so he noticed that the push rod that goes between the fork and the slave was too long. So he shaved it. Now the engagement point with the spacer out is about an inch from the floorboard and makes it very hard to shift. Yet when the spacer was in, the engagement point was perfect and shifting was fine.

My question is, I'm looking to purchase another rod, the one that goes between the fork and the slave. Is this SR20 specific or is it something that I may be able to find locally.

Also, does anyone know if taking too much off of a flywheel will make the engagement point so low that it's only about an inch off of the floor?

Sorry if I sound like a newb, it's because I am with this motor.

dbeiler
03-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Is your clutch fork pivot ball missing the spacer/lock washer? Spacing the flywheel out would have effectively done the same thing as the spacer/lock washer in the pivot ball.

How exactly was the shift fork shaved? Can you upload some pics of your clutch fork and pivot setup?

dbeiler
03-03-2015, 10:04 PM
And where exactly was the flywheel spacer installed? Your clutch pressure plate bolts directly to the flywheel; a spacer between the flywheel and crankshaft would do absolutely nothing to shorten the distance between the clutch pad and the flywheel. It would only serve to move the flywheel/clutch assy closer to the trans; thus disengaging the clutch earlier in the clutch pedal depression (higher disengagement point)