PDA

View Full Version : how much power should this sentra make?

Dirty
08-02-2004, 11:54 PM
sup guys, i may be getting a '91 SER with a pulsar GTI-R swap in it. the mods on the motor include:

Nismo flywheel
ACT XTR4 clutch
Walbro 225lph fuel pump
HKS drop in filter
HKS 3 in downpipe

what would yall expect that to make on stock boost. what is stock boost anyway on those motors? and is it true the turbo is bigger than a t25? i ask on this forum cause im already a member and figure some of yall would know a good bit about the Pulsar motor. also, what would be some beneficial mods to the make more power? the car also has Tokicko struts, Eibach springs, 21 mm Suspension Technics sway bar, Prof BOV, and DSS stage 2 axles. thanks

S14DB
08-03-2004, 12:09 AM
We don't know to much about the GWD cars around here.

Try http://www.sr20forum.com

wootwoot
08-03-2004, 01:19 AM
a friend of mine had a set up similar to that but with a FMIC. he laid down 225whp and had a best run of 13.6 in the 1/4

Dirty
08-03-2004, 01:26 AM
We don't know to much about the GWD cars around here.

Try http://www.sr20forum.com

yea ive been looking at that forum, but couldnt find too much on the power those mods would make, plus im too lazy to register right now, especially if im not sure im gonna get the car. this is gonna be just a fun daily driver, so i'll be happy to make 210-225 whp. right now there is a 240 converted silvia and a turbocharged SC300 im looking at for a weekend/project car. btw....what GWD stand for?? im guessing something like wrong wheel drive? the motor is an SR20DET, so there have to be some guys one here with GTI-R SR20 knowledge.

Dirty
08-03-2004, 01:28 AM
a friend of mine had a set up similar to that but with a FMIC. he laid down 225whp and had a best run of 13.6 in the 1/4

yea, im trying to find out whats more efficient...the stock top mount with hood scoop, or a front mount. i figure the top mount is good for response, but the frount mount provides better cooling.

TheSnail
08-03-2004, 02:31 AM
Those GTI-R Sr are no joke. Nissan 'Rally Car". I belive they have around 230hp to the crank stock. They do have quad throttle bodies so expect quick throttle responce, and they got one nasy t28 turbo. A friend of mine 1.5 years ago ran a gtir turbo on his rwd sr and pulled 299 rwd hp at 19psi ( JDM K). I also belive those motors came with 444cc injectors. They also came with beefier rods then the the Silvia. If your plan's are to go fwd, then deffinatly go with the gtir sr.
-Snail

mrmephistopheles
08-03-2004, 02:54 AM
what GWD stand for??

My guess is 'Goofy Wheel Drive'... Remember in Skate or Die, you could select 'Goofy foot' where the board turned the opposite way than you pressed? Kinda like that.

the head
08-03-2004, 08:05 AM
1.21 jigawatts
which at 88mph will allow it to travel through time
IF you can stage your nawss timing with the engaugement of the flux capacitor

wootwoot
08-03-2004, 12:13 PM
i forgot to say he had a boostcontroller as well

sykikchimp
08-03-2004, 12:55 PM
I woul guess closer to 200whp.

The GTiR is a nice motor.

Dirty
08-03-2004, 01:24 PM
is it possible to swap a GTI-R motor into a 240?

the head
08-03-2004, 01:31 PM
no fwd/awd vs rwd dont match up

you can (with some work install the ITB setup on a rwd sr though

Dream240
08-03-2004, 03:43 PM
My guess is 'Goofy Wheel Drive'... Remember in Skate or Die, you could select 'Goofy foot' where the board turned the opposite way than you pressed? Kinda like that.

YES!! I love those old Nintendo games. Ahhh...good to see someone that remembers the old T&C surf days....and back when Ninja Gaiden was a 2D scrolling whoop ass, play til your thumbs hurt, curse like a sailor, ditch school, pre-memory cards days. Ahhh...the memories.

Well in relation, the GTi-R motor is really nothing like the silvia motor in terms of internals. I think they ran those on 12 psi stock boost!! something like that.
Definitely the preferred choice for FWD SR lovers.

Dirty
08-04-2004, 12:56 AM
thanks everyone, it looks like im gonna be picking this car up in the next week or so. as of right now its just gonna be a fun daily driver, but i can see it turning into a project car. there is still a silvia converted 240 im looking at buying also. but a couple of guys at sr20forum.com said i should be in the 220-230 range on stock boost. im already considering buying a frount mount, afc, and boost controller...then dyno tune and try to get in the 250+ range. damn, what am i gettin myself into??? :coold: :bash: but i have a few turbo civics in mind that deserve an ass whooping..........at the track of course. :axe: