PDA

View Full Version : Coilover Covers (who uses them?)

claine650
03-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Hello all, was just poking around the interwebs looking up a few things I've been thinking about lately and something that annoyed me on my last car (DSM) was how dirty and corroded the threads and components of the coilovers I had would get.
So Google searched and found some links for making canvas covers, and another company that makes them for evos already. 8158981590

So my curiosity is about running these on S-chassis. I have an s14 with FA coilovers going on when the shitty, drawn out, winter weather clears up. My plan is to make some covers for the coilovers sometime soon to try and protect my investment. Was wondering if anyone here has experience with these at all, what material might be best, attachment method, general opinions/experience. Could be a great business enterprise honestly if someone made these for like every car, would make a killing.. possibly.
Anyway, thanks for any advice.

slideslidegnarslide
03-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Tons of company's make these. These are very common on sand rails and quads running out in the dunes to prevent sand getting into everything. I'm sure they have sizes available that would fit our coils. Some one could copy the idea and market it toward street cars but the idea exists. Almost every dune goer I know uses these to protect their suspension

claine650
03-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Tons of company's make these. These are very common on sand rails and quads running out in the dunes to prevent sand getting into everything. I'm sure they have sizes available that would fit our coils. Some one could copy the idea and market it toward street cars but the idea exists. Almost every dune goer I know uses these to protect their suspension
Exactly my point, not saying it's an original idea or anything, I've seen them before in rally, off-road, atv/dirtbikes, but there is not really anyone that does market them for many street vehicle applications. I'd prefer to make my own, but if there was a company that made them for our cars already, given at a decent price, I probably would just buy them. But more so just looking for others experience making their own, or what else people have used.

slideslidegnarslide
03-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Ah I gotcha. I don't have any experience making them but I'm sure some one has. Hud luck man. I'd imagine it'd be easy

claine650
03-01-2015, 05:57 PM
I guess the company from the picture above sells them in a set of 4 for about $90 shipped, they are sold as universal, not just for evo. So that's pretty cool, Might just buy those since I don't have sewing machine.
http://www.gearheadsonline.ca/shop/product.php?productid=16238&cat=0&page=1

slideslidegnarslide
03-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Dude those are awesome. I may look into these