PDA

View Full Version : Fresh redtop swap starter just clicks

Jwillinger
02-28-2015, 04:03 PM
Okay so I have looked threw so many threads and can't seem to find anything simlar. So my car is a 97 s14 kouki and I bought a sr s13 redtop running out of a wrecked s14 kouki speatlies engine harness and bottom harness
s.

Now while doing the swap I did tubs and relocated the fuse box and battery to the trunk. grounded everything good and I'm pretty experienced with wires.. my problem is I turn the key everything comes up correct the fuel pump primes as it should go to start it and the starter just clicks oonce. I tested the conections everything checks outs wondering where else to look . if you need more info just ask PLEASE HELP!

Jwillinger
02-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Specialties harness*

angel mkiv
02-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Maybe a bad starter out the box? That's happened a couple time on me on different cars..what I would do is first make 100% sure your battery is fully charged, second try hitting the starter with a small hammer to see if that shocks it, and lastly install a remote starter tool to rule out the wiring.if the remote starter tool makes it work then it's your wiring.if it doesn't then it's a bad starter.hope this helps

laurentj23
02-28-2015, 07:52 PM
And check your
Ground to chasis and block
fuses.

If the wiring specialities harness is bad, The fuel pump won't prime at all since WS made their own relay and fuse for the fuel pump.

Jwillinger
02-28-2015, 11:08 PM
The battery is a brand new redtop optima but I will double check the grounds in the morning and update you guys after