PDA

View Full Version : Running to rich for my liking

fastpace
08-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Man, don't know what is really up with the car now, but it is running really rich. My setup is:

JWT ecu
cobra mafs
550cc injectors
walbro 255lph fuel pump

The car literally shoots fireballs on 4 of the gears. I can't get on it in second gear because once it hits full boost it shoots fireballs and really bogs the car down. I have checked all of my vacuum lines and made sure my bolts to the turbo manifold are tighten, but really don't have a clue what to do now.

There has to be something that I am not checking to make the car run really rich. Can anyone give me any advice?

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/8805S2400001-med.JPG

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/8805S2400002-med.JPG

ftrs13
08-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Im a novice when it comes to JWT ecu tunes. but as far as I know they just burn an ecu that runs rich and retards timing a lot.

a few questions to start with.
did you retard the base timing in addition to adding the JWT?
how does it sense boost? maybe you are running it at not the right boost level, and if its tuned for 7psi on a T3/T4 and you run 6psi on a T3 you would be running hella rich.

fastpace
08-01-2004, 04:10 PM
right now it is set at 9.55psi. at about 4k rpm it really runs like shit in all gears except for 5th gear. I thought that would help, it did, but not much. I didn't set the timing at all of the jwt ecu, because it takes care of that for me.

ftrs13
08-01-2004, 04:39 PM
ok, I was just checking about the timing. did you leak test your charge piping?

fastpace
08-01-2004, 05:09 PM
no I didn't leak test the charge piping, but I did tighten the piping as much as possible with a rachet.

ftrs13
08-01-2004, 09:53 PM
try leak testing it, put a PVC plug in front of the turbo, hook a bike pump valve up to it, and cap off the end going into the throttle body. your intercooler could have a leak, mine did, and it took me weeks to spot not using a tester.
personally I still havent done it, but there are plenty of people on here who have. search for it, or just ask for techniques. I think I got it right, but just to be sure look for someone that has done it right. Id be interested as well in the proper procedure. Im going to do this as soon as I finish fabbing up all new piping for the new intercooler.