PDA

View Full Version : engine check light goes on and off while driving

s13irdie2
07-30-2004, 06:00 PM
i was driving to my friends house today and noticed a little stuttering in the engine and saw that the engine check light was on. it came on and off like every minute and the car started to stutter again. it felt like the car was losing power or wasnt getting enough air or fuel. i drove the car the past week and this never happend. i checked the hoses and their all in tact. what could be the problem. thanks

s13irdie2
07-31-2004, 04:51 PM
i searched on the forumbut all of the other problems with the engine check light was just the light and nothing else with the car. but when my turns on it stutters and wants to die whike driving. when i step on the gas it feels like theres no response. anyone?

stinky_180
07-31-2004, 04:56 PM
if you search hard enough, you could put the ecu into self diagnostic mode II. and see whats the engine light up for.... simple as that. and i'm pretty sure i wrote up somewhere in here about check engine light and their codes...

Maeda
07-31-2004, 05:47 PM
Knock sensor, sending it into closed loop?

Check what the light tells you in diagnostic mode and go from there.

s13irdie2
07-31-2004, 09:47 PM
the lights on now even at idle. im gonna try to check the ecu codes tom. and see whats happening. thanks for the help

HyperTek
07-31-2004, 11:33 PM
try leaving your battery disconnected for more then an hour, taht should reset the ecu, then put it back and see if it goes away.. that should reset the ecu if you leave it disconnected long enough.

s13irdie2
08-01-2004, 12:51 AM
how would resetting the ecu help with it? thanks for the help