PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET CAS timing problem won't start

Jared_SilviaNZ
02-07-2015, 02:44 AM
Hey guys so I have a problem with my timing and Crank angle sensor i've been trying to diagnose for the last week and its really got me stumped now.
Just done the head gasket on my car put it all back together and no start yes cas put in correct and at tdc. timing chain installed correctly.
car would turn over for about a second then stop turning over starter would just stop like the timing was so badly out and pressure overdid the starter causing it to stop.
I've pulled out the cas over 30 times and put it back in tried another second hand one off a mate and this time straight away car turned over normally and starter wouldn't stop but still not starting. Tried a stock S15 map on my link g4 ecu it started after a bit but barely ran only giving it revs and would idle at about 400rpm very rough. Put tuned map back on and it started now also maybe cause it was warm but still the same very bad. Next day wouldn't start again

I have no idea what it could be now and yes everything is working spark/fuel etc and car was running fine before i done head gasket. Have checked all earths plugs etc everything was put back together correctly. Anyone have any idea's what could be wrong im getting so annoyed haha.

Thanks heaps

ultimateirving
02-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Sounds like a misfire. You physically tested fuel and spark for each cylinder one by one?

Jared_SilviaNZ
02-07-2015, 02:13 PM
yes all cylinders are getting flooded as hell and checked individual spark im 90% sure its something to do with the timing. my original marks i made on cas and head rubbed off head when it got machined so cant get it exactly at 15 degrees how i used to

sid_s13
02-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Have you tried slightly rotating the Cas as someone's cranking the car. Cause if your just a little bit off then advancing and retarding timing very little you might find the sweetspot if it's timing

Jared_SilviaNZ
02-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Have you tried slightly rotating the Cas as someone's cranking the car. Cause if your just a little bit off then advancing and retarding timing very little you might find the sweetspot if it's timing

yes tried that many times ive pulled cas in and out literally over 50 times making sure everythings good