PDA

View Full Version : S13 Dual Cam in a S14?

StuckeyOG
02-05-2015, 02:56 PM
So my S14 had a used engine dropped in "and rebuilt a year ago" which I was told from a 97 "Kouki". I'm guessing he meant a S13 Kouki since I went to replace the Valve Cover Gasket and learned the S14 one doesn't fit but S13 dual cam one does.

Not to mention I had to drill and tap three new 6mm inserts since the asshole stripped them before I got it :facepalm:

Anyhow, I've been thinking bout rebuilding and going NA KA with a tune and forged internals, clevite bearings, etc. then later down the line turboing it since I'd know it's actually still in good enough condition to do so.

I was just wondering since I have a S13 dual cam is there anything I should watch out for when buying rebuild parts as this is my first 240 and I don't know too much about the difference in the two motors? I've been researching it and from what I understand since it's a S13 dual cam the blocks are the same and the head/intake manifold and other accessories are for a S13 dual cam?

My motor has been throwing an idle code (feels like a VERY small misfire on one cylinder it's not very noticeable though) ever since I got it months ago, changed the plugs already didn't fix anything. I think I probably need to adjust the timing or something along those lines, I'm not sure as I'm very new to working on cars. If anyone could shed some light on that I'd appreciate it, but my MAIN concern right now is what should I be worried about causing problems when rebuilding a S13 dual cam that's mounted in my Zenki S14? Sorry if this question seems kind of stupid I've just never had to order parts for a rebuild before and don't want to run into any problems.

Prok0
02-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Internal wise (Pistons/rods/cams/head studs, headgaskets, etc) its all the same.

Main differences would be the distributor, intake manifold, valve cover, and a few other small things. Although its very possible that the intake mani and distributor were already swapped over to S14 components before they installed the motor in the car to make things a little easier.

StuckeyOG
03-13-2015, 01:10 AM
Internal wise (Pistons/rods/cams/head studs, headgaskets, etc) its all the same.

Main differences would be the distributor, intake manifold, valve cover, and a few other small things. Although its very possible that the intake mani and distributor were already swapped over to S14 components before they installed the motor in the car to make things a little easier.
Thanks man!

I think one of the small differences would be the 02 sensors correct? I'm a bit confused which one I should purchase since I have an S13 motor in my S14, I'm thinking the one wire S13 one since the S14 looks like it has a three wire 02 sensor?

My car's had an idle code since I got it and tends to stumble, and my gas mileage has dropped from 18 to 16. Already changed my spark plugs/valve cover gasket and ran a bottle of STP fuel treatment through the tank so I really need to get around to that lol.

Any tips Zilvia?