PDA

View Full Version : s14 tein he owners..( not a noob question.. really?!)

SR240DET
07-30-2004, 02:58 AM
ok guys.. i need some help... i just recently bought some HE's.. and been driving on 3 days now... the spring is set to what ever way it was in the box... i think its set tooo low... but the tein web site wont let me see the diagram because my PDF isnt displaying the special text ( Shingo-light-identity-h) text... anyways.. if you guys can.. i just wanna know the front a back setting your spring is set at... that is all.. or if anybody has the right diagram that displays the text right.. please post it.. i tryed searching.. i could not find nothing... thank you for any replys..

nrg
07-30-2004, 05:30 AM
front: 13.70 inches
rear: 12.95
Measurement part is from the edge of the wheel well and the center of the wheel.

Shin_Kudo
07-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Do you mean the ride height or the shock damping rate?

I'm running 8/10 (F/R) damping. Remember to go all the way clockwise and count down, there are 16 levels of adjustability, but there are actually closer to 24 clicks, and the clicks below "1" (15 clicks down from the top) can actually damage your coilovers if driven on.

SR240DET
07-30-2004, 01:43 PM
yeah im talking about the spring on the whole assembly.. imma bout to change my brakes and since my wheels are off i wanna be extra sure the springs on the coilover are at the right hight... from the top of the pillowball mount in side the wheel well to the bottom of the spring perch... thanks guys!... greatly appreciate(SP) the help.. :)

Destructo
07-31-2004, 11:43 AM
Shizzbla i hope im not damaging my he's cause i got the dampering cranked stiiffest in the front and 2 clicks softer in the rear. does anyone know if that setting on the damper is bad?????