PDA

View Full Version : Is a gt3076r powered sr20 to difficult to drift with on

Ryanpietro
02-03-2015, 12:28 AM
I know anything can be pretty much drifted. I had an STI with a gt35r and the boost lag was pretty bad (about 4500rpm and that's on a 2.5l) and when it kicked in it was waaay crazy. I could only imagine if the car had been rwd how crazy it would've nen trying to drift. Therefore I'm coming here b4 I buy a gt3076r for my s14 sr20 to ask if you guys have had experience with this turbo on this motor and drifting it. I know everybody says the gt28 is the best turbo for this car and I'm sure it probably is but I wouldnt mind sacrificing a lil spool time in order to pack a bigger punch. If it's going to be like an uncontrollable on/off switch then I'd probably go for the gt28. I Can drift pretty good and I'm not intending to enter shows or anything I just want to have fun in my spare time. I'm hoping you guys chime in and say the gt30 drifts great it's just a tad harder to work with than the gt28... Crosses fingers thanks guys!! And btw I tried searching this topic and seen threads about gt30 but not to much detailed info on how they drifted. If I missed the threads I was looking for I apologize!

JSimpson
02-03-2015, 12:39 AM
oh jesus, I have a feeling the sharks are going to smell this blood and rip your ass a new one. Aside from the future flaming, NO, anything larger than a 28 sized turbo is going to lag like hell. The reason some pro drift cars pull it off is because they have better valvetrain and bottom end and they rev the engines much higher than you will be able too, plus they break stuff constantly so while reliability if going to be a key in your case, a 3076 would be a horrible option. A 3071 is about as big as you can go, it will still feel like your 3582R on/off switch. EVEN a gt2871R is laggier than one would like. The absolute best turbo for a driftable SR would be a GT2867R or smaller. Else you will have an on off switch no matter how much clutch kicking you do.

brndck
02-03-2015, 08:13 AM
gt2871r with .64 housing
/thread

Ryanpietro
02-03-2015, 08:55 AM
Rite on :/ not the answer I wanted but I'm sure I can still have plenty fun with the gt28

TheRealSy90
02-03-2015, 09:09 AM
TD06-20G for maximum jdm.

Croustibat
02-03-2015, 09:13 AM
oh jesus, I have a feeling the sharks are going to smell this blood and rip your ass a new one. Aside from the future flaming, NO, anything larger than a 28 sized turbo is going to lag like hell. The reason some pro drift cars pull it off is because they have better valvetrain and bottom end and they rev the engines much higher than you will be able too, plus they break stuff constantly so while reliability if going to be a key in your case, a 3076 would be a horrible option. A 3071 is about as big as you can go, it will still feel like your 3582R on/off switch. EVEN a gt2871R is laggier than one would like. The absolute best turbo for a driftable SR would be a GT2867R or smaller. Else you will have an on off switch no matter how much clutch kicking you do.

that, exactly.

Here is why :
http://vimeo.com/65543081

Add 30HP after removing the jasma 55mm sound killer.