PDA

View Full Version : s13 idles at 2k with tps unplugged

saifi450
01-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Hey guys, so after searching with no luck, I thought I'd post. So I have a s13 5speed with an auto ECU, ever since I've had the car I've had idle problems (too high, too low, bogging out). So I replaced the IACV and it seems to be working fine, adjusted idle to around 750. But when I disconnect the TPS, the idle shoots up to like 2000 and I can't drop it. My idle is fine with the TPS connected, but I wanted to see if there was something I could do to fix it. Also my idle hangs at around 1500 when I let off the gas, than drops a few seconds later. I had my mechanic check the timing and he said it was fine. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

kruked
01-25-2015, 03:16 PM
My idle is fine with the TPS connected.

Well shit, looks like you solved the damn problem.

Leave it plugged, duh.

saifi450
01-25-2015, 03:30 PM
Well shit, looks like you solved the damn problem.

Leave it plugged, duh.

Oh damn I did lol wow shouldnt even have posted!
Lol when you adjust your idle, to do it like the FSM says you need to disconnect the TPS and it should idle around 650 +/-50 so I cant do that since it idles at 2k........

saifi450
01-25-2015, 04:11 PM
I guess I left out some keys points...

I adjusted my idle without disconnecting the TPS, I can't get the idle to move when adjusting the idle screw with the TPS disconnected, it stays around the 2k area (not supposed to adjust idle with TPS connected)

While this may be okay, I would like to look into it, and see if anyone has knowledge on something like this.

B-Man92
02-06-2015, 06:50 PM
Have you checked for any vacuum leaks yet?